june 25, 2023

My parents were ecstatic about the positive answer and were already planning the dresses and planning for the dates of engagement and nikah and how everything wld be done

18th june, 2023. Sunday.

Dad, chachas, mama, phuppas and my 3 of my cousins went to meet him in chennai. Bade mama drove them.

The previous day, mom spoke to his mom about the timings and all.

Later, mom told me about it amd said. "She sent greetings for you" Was all mamma said and I understood whom she was talking and blushed, looking away.

I know, it only aunty said.... But in our family a girl is expected to blush just at the mention of in laws.

Its already sunday, and by 9 everyone left frm home to his house. I grew anxious, i thought eathu (my cousin) would keep giving me details about the thing going on... But that stupid guy🤦🏻‍♀️

Later that day, my chachi and Atoofa came to our house

Her cousin teased her, asking where has all gone and so, along with her family.

Ahhhhh.... I got teased a lot.

Afternoon, dad sent few pictures that were taken along with him to mom.

I didn't steal them. 🤫

The day was over, and it was decided next week sunday they would all come here, even him.

Hope he doesn't wish to meet me, or something again. 😅

After 2 days.

"She said, she wished to seeing you in saree" Mamma said, after she had a conversation with his mother.

Saree, i love it. Yet, its really uncomfortable.

No other choice, and then it was saree.

As i don't have saree,mom dad bought 2 preety sarees.

And finally the day came.

The previous day though, was really hectic. I, along with my parents and brother had to clean the whole house.

My room especially, it was so so so so messy.

I and my brother cleaned the whole room.

Come on, my soon to husband is visiting my room for the first time it should be the cleanest.

I cleaned, i dusted, i sweeped, i mopped, changed bedsheets, placed my books (story) on display so he gets to know my hobby of reading. I also placed few more decorative things around and my room looked super nice.

That night i applied simple mehandi on both hands too.

Its sunday.

Woke up and before brushing, i arranged my bed, helped mom clean and did few more things.

Then mom said to go take bath, i accepted and walked away but before that i ate the Gajar ka halwa that was made the previous day for this occasion. (Without brushing)

Then i took bath, then i had my breakfast. (I forgot to brush)

Then my mom said to me to get ready, as they were half an hour far.

I started with my hair, dried and combed then my chachi helped me with saree, then mami helped me with makeup but she didn't do it properly and it looked so heavy. She said, it would take a while to settle.

I along with my cousins were seated in the room, when my uncle said they came.

All my aunts walked away from the room leaving me alone with my cousins who had that teasing smirk on their face. I felt like puching their face