Farewell, My Beloved

Kaeya's Pov

It was the 24th of February, Diluc's birthday! I was so excited to see what we would do after they came back from the expedition. I quickly ran down the stairs and asked Adeline when they would come back. She said that they were about to reach Mondstdat and I was super excited. I turned around and looked outside, it was raining. Suddenly, I heard a loud crash outside. I quickly called the knights and ran to the source of the noise leaving the knights behind.

Diluc and Father on the ground lying in a pool of their blood. The sight was horrific, I ran and checked if anyone was still alive.

No one was alive they were all dead- even father.... But I checked Diluc's body and I saw that his vision was flickering. It was close to becoming grey. I had to hurry. I pulled Diluc's body close to mine and performed first aid on him. I saw Diluc smile sadly and said.

"It's okay Kaeya, it's too late for me." He looked at me with his caring and bright red eyes. He put his bloodied hands on my face and then said 

"Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault Kaeya."

I didn't deserve their care, their love. I didn't deserve anything but I became greedy, greedy for their love, care, and attention and now because of that I face the consequences of my sins.  And now because of that they died because of me, the bright and beautiful lights in my life died because of me, a liar and a traitor who tricked and used them. What a fitting end for this story. 

Diluc then said something that snapped me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality.

"Goodbye Kaeya."

I looked at Diluc with widened eyes and cried. I said, with my raspy voice being hidden by the stormy wind.

"Wait don't go! You swore! You guys... Swore." I stared at his corpse with a blank expression and suddenly anger took over me.

"You promised that you would never leave me!" I shouted, feeling his body go cold in my arms and his Pyro vision turning into grey. I could feel his lifeless body and the blood staining our clothes, it was truly a tragic sight to see. 

I could barely comprehend what was going on, everything was moving so fast. I tried to think straight but everything was so out of touch I just softly whispered to his corpse just hoping and praying to the archons for a response.

"Diluc, please don't leave me. You promised"

I slowly stood up carrying Diluc in my arms. The knights arrived and saw their Calvary captain and Master Ragdnvir dead. I slowly walked up to them while carrying their dead Calvary captain, my brother, in my arms. There were whispers circulating the group of knights and cries of shock from the servants while seeing his body.

I saw a shadow, around the halls of the house and it was no ordinary shadow. It was Diluc's, I followed the shadow and It led me to his body. A shadowy and disfigured figure came out of his body. It looked like Diluc but it wasn't him. He looks at me with a cold gaze. 

It felt like he blamed me for everything. His and father's death, all the problems which occurred in our life together. It felt so wrong but yet I accepted it, like it was my own fault. 

All of a sudden he looked different, his cold icy glare turned into a curious and a warm stare. I was confused, the shadowy figure of diluc came up to me and whispered into my ears.

 "Did you miss me? I came back like I promised. Are you happy?" 

I stood there in shock. It was actually Diluc breathing and standing right in front of me. I went to hug him. 

"Im sorry! Im so sorry I couldn't save you on time!"

I hugged him tightly and brought him close to me. But, Something changed about Diluc, his body felt cold and he didn't look the same. He had his iconic red hair but it had violet streaks on it, and even one of his eyes were violet in colour. I stumbled away from him, asking myself if this is even real.

Diluc approached me with his gentle eyes and said

"You wanted me to come back so here I am, Kaeya."

He slowly disappeared and I sat there on the floor completely shocked. Trying to process what just happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Done for now

Author out