25. For Thora

I open my eyes and stretch. It's late morning. I'm in my bed room and I have night clothes on. I guess Mary found me somewhere. I walk out to the sitting room and Mary is reading again.

"Good morning Mary."

"Good morning Little Miss. Did you have a fun night?"

"Yes, went swimming."

"Yea Dipak brought me a very wet and passed out princess. I yelled at him again."

I bust out laughing. "How long until I leave Mary?"

"About 4 hours. Let's get you bathed and dressed." She says pushing me to the bathroom.

I climb in and just soak for a bit. "This is so relaxing."

"I'll be right back. Going to get the door."

"You can hear a knock back here?"

She comes back after a couple minutes. "Tre will be back in an hour. He wants lunch with you before you leave."

I nod as she starts to wash my hair. "Which one do you think will be king?"

"I really don't know princess. They both love you. I mean if we just look at yesterday. Dipak learned to walk you. That's not an easy feat, and he did good with it. He spent a lot of time just to learn that for you. On the other hand Tre taught the person stealing you away from him, how to walk you. Just to make sure you didn't have to spend that long in a carriage miserable."

"I love them both."

"I know little miss."

"I still believe the right person is on that contract though. It had to have been hard for him to do that."

She just nods. "He did it for you."

I get out and dressed and she puts me in one of the new nurse uniforms. "Wow this is a lot better. Three buttons and the top just comes down."

"Yea let's not tell the boys that part."

I bust out laughing.

"Come in Tre. She's in the back. I'll get her."

She walks back and I look at her. "I heard."

"Good morning Tre."

"Good afternoon princess."

I look around the room. "I guess it is."

He smiles at me and steps in for a kiss. It is so sweet and gentle. "Will you have lunch with me?"

"Yes I would like that. You want to eat here or somewhere else?"

"Here, let's just relax a bit. I'll order it." He walks out and comes back in.

Mary walks in the room with a bunch of towels. "I'll be back in an hour to finish you princess."

"Thank you Mary."

Mary opens the door and the servants bring in the food and put it on my table in the kitchen.

"I'm so use to eating in the sitting room, I've never eaten at the table Tre. I'm not even sure I knew I had one." I look at him all confused.

He smiles at me and kisses me again. "I am going to miss you princess."

"I will miss you too Tre." I guide his lips to mine for a little kiss.

He puts his forehead on mine for a second. Then he pulls out a chair for me. We eat for a bit before I see a tear in his eye.

"Tre are you ok with me going?"