Chapter 1

Kourtney's POV~

"Hey." I say softly with a small smile on my face. I wasn't expecting to see Caelan when I opened my front door. But it's a nice surprise.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind me stopping by. Kim said that you had a rough night. We figured you could use some company." She said.

I step aside to allow her to come in. I'm hoping that I don't look like a hot mess. "I don't mind. We haven't really gotten to hang out in a while." I say as I shut my front door back.

"Yeah." She says. A small, sad smile playing out on her lips for a brief moment. "Tell you what, I'm going to cook you breakfast." Caelan says.

"You really don't have to do that." I say. Following her as she starts making her way to my kitchen.

She opens the fridge, freezing in place as she sees the empty shelves. "I haven't really had the chance to order groceries." I say sheepishly.

"It's okay. We will go out for breakfast." She says, closing the fridge. I can't help but chuckle, "Okay, let me get dressed." I say.

I head to my bedroom and into my closet. I catch a look at myself in the mirror, and I gasp. I totally forgot that I went to bed in my silk night gown.

Caelan just saw me in it. My eyes look slightly puffy. Making it clear to anyone who notices that I was definitely crying.

I quickly get dressed before doing my morning hygiene routine. Then I put on my makeup.

Once I'm done, I slip on a pair of shoes and head back downstairs.

I find Caelan in my living room on her phone. "Hey, I'm ready." I say. Caelan stands up with a huge grin.

Caelan looks at what I'm wearing a playful smirk growing on her face. "What?" I ask.

"You are wearing my shirt." She says. I look down at my shirt, seeing that it is, in fact, hers.

I've had it for three months now. Since she left it here, the day she and my family came and helped me move in.

"You left it here." I say with a small chuckle. "Therefore, it's mine now." I tease.

Caelan laughs, shaking her head as we head to my front door. "Where are we going?" I ask. Grabbing my keys and phone from off the entry table.

"Griddle." Caelan says. Once we step outside of my new Beverly Hills home, I lock my front door.

I see Caelan's white Bentley Continental GT. Parked beside her car is her bodyguards.

She opens the passenger door for me. I thank you and get in. Caelan and I have been friends since we were children.

However, once I started dating Scott. Us hanging out seemed to be something never thought of again.

Truth be told, it was because Caelan and he didn't get along. Scott would always express his dislike for her.

Every time he and I would break up, he'd always blame her. I'm not sure why. That is something he'd never explain to me.

Caelan walks around her car and talks to her bodyguards for a moment. Probably to tell them where we are going in case they lose us along the way.

The Griddle Cafe. As teenagers, before I got with Scott, she and I would go there a lot.

Over the years, Kim and her have grown closer than her and I ever were.

She gets in the car. We put on our seat belts before starting her car. "Are you ready?" She asks. "I'm ready." I say.

Caelan and I talked through breakfast. Most of our talk was about what we are both working on recently.

Then she asked how I was doing recently. How I liked my new place. I'm sure Kim has told her a lot.

Especially since she came over because she knew I had a rough night. Because Kim told her.

After we finished eating, Caelan paid for all the food even though I could and was going to pay for my own.

Her bodyguards are waiting for us outside of the café, blocking the paparazzi from surrounding us.

"Kourtney! Kourtney! Caelan!" Several of them start yelling, trying to get us to look in their direction.

"Are you and Caelan dating now?" I hear before Caelan gets me into her car.

Two of her bodyguards stand in front of my door so they don't try opening it.

The other two escorts Caelan around to the driver side. As she opens her door, I hear, "Caelan, is Kourtney your new girlfriend?"

She gets in and closes her door. Once we are buckled, She starts her car and carefully pulls off. Soon after, her bodyguards are back, and their car and following us.

Neither of us mentioned the questions the men were asking. We sat in a comfortable silence all the way back to my house.

She pulled into my driveway, and a delivery guy was there. He is currently unloading groceries onto the top of my steps.

My head snaps to Caelan as she chuckles. "You ordered me groceries?" I ask her.

"You said that you haven't had the time, but I did. While you were getting ready." She says.

"Caelan." I say. "How much was it?" I ask. The two of us stepped out of her car. "Seriously, Kourt. Don't worry about it." She says.

As we approach my front door, the delivery guy smiles at us. "Would you like me to take them all inside, Ms. Quinn?" He asks.

He must be her regular delivery guy because I don't recognize him.

"No, Henry. I can get it." She says. She tips him before he leaves.

I unlock my door as she starts gathering the grocery bags. She grabs all of them in one go and carries them in.

"I'm going to call your mother, I swear." I threaten as she is being stubborn and not letting me do anything.

Caelan laughs as she leads the way into my kitchen. She puts all the groceries away. It all fills my fridge, freezer, and pantry up.

"Now, Kim mentioned something about your new bedframe coming in." Caelan says with a chuckle as she sees the look on my face.

"I uhm, I already put it together." I say, trying to make it believable.

"Kourtney, you're a terrible liar." She states. "Let me help you, and then I'll let you do everything else on your own." She tries to bargain.

"Who's the terrible liar now?" I ask teasingly, knowing she's full of crap.

[A/n~ Not sure how I was going to start this book off. I don't like it but it's something.]