Chapter 11

Kourtney's POV~

I can't describe how I feel when I'm with Caelan. I just know that I have never felt this way with anyone else.

Kim opened her mouth, telling our family and Caelan's that her and I were dating. It's not true, but I wish it was.

She has taken me out on two dates so far. Both end with her walking me to the front door of the guest house. My house now, I guess you could say.

Each time, I expected her to kiss me, and I think she knew that. Each time she leaned in, her lips landed on my cheek. Barley touched the corner of my lips.

Caelan is going to be the death of me. She made us breakfast this morning before we headed over to my moms.

She wanted both our families together for another barbecue. Caelan and I believe it's an excuse for her and Meredith to trap us.

Caelan takes my hand, helping me out of her vehicle. I smile to myself when she doesn't let go. She closes the car door and leads us inside.

"Well, if it isn't the newlyweds." Morgan teases. She pulls Caelan into a hug. Then she hugs me.

"Seriously, these tabloids are coming up with so many different stories." Morgan says.

Caelan chuckles and places a kiss on my head. "I'll find you in a little bit, okay?" She asks. I nod my head, looking up at her with a smile.

She smiled down at me, squeezing my hand before letting go. I watch as she walks off, greeting her Nana, who was waving her over.

"Now that she's gone, tell me everything!" Morgan says. Hooking our arms together as she starts leading me towards the backyard.

Caelan was true to her word. She found me after a while, saving me from her sister and all of mine.

"Hey, ladies." Caelan says with a grin. She wraps one of her arms around me.

"I need to borrow Kourtney for a moment. You guys don't mind, do you?" Caelan asks.

"Not at all." Khloe says with a smirk, winking at me. I playfully roll my eyes and walk inside with Caelan as she takes my hand.

"Poe wants to talk to you." She warns as she walks me down the hallway of my mother's and Bruce's house.

Caelan leans against the wall. I wrap my arms around her torso. My chin rested against her chest as I looked up at her.

"That's okay." I say with a small chuckle. Caelan smiles down at me. "He is going to be asking a lot more questions than the girls asked you outside." She says.

"Well then, maybe you could with me luck." I say, raising my brow. I hope that she is catching on to what I'm asking.

Caelan smirks, letting me know that she knows exactly what I want. When she leans down, I lift up onto my tippytoes, trying to get closer quicker.

"Good luck." She mumbles. Pulling away with a deep chuckle, twasing me. My jaw drops, and I playfully pinch her side.

I go to find her grandpa, but she stops me, pulling me into a deep and unexpected kiss. Once I realize what's going on, I quickly kiss back.

"Find me after." She whispers against my lips. I nod my head, my eyes still shut. I feel her move away and hear her walk off.

I find Poe, Alexander Quinn. In the sitting room. "Hey, Poe." I greet with a genuinely big smile. He stands up and embraces me in a big hug.

"It's good to see you again, hun." He says. "You too. Caelan said that you wanted to talk to me." I say.

Poe and I take a seat, him and one chair, and myself in another. "Tell me, how has my grandchild been treating you?" He asks. He rests his hand on his chin.

"Caelan has been really kind to me. She's been helping me a lot. A lot more than I deserve." I state, looking down briefly.

"I can tell you, if Caelan believed you didn't deserve her kindness. Then she wouldn't give it. My grandchild has never thought ill of you." He says.

"My daughter-in-law mentioned something. Caelan and you are "dating," as you young folks say." Poe says.

My face heats up as I briefly loom away once again. "Caelan has taken me on two dates, yes. But we aren't official, I guess you could say." I say.

Poe and I went on talking for a whole hour until Nana Quinn came in. She asked me a few questions of her own before they went to go talk to my grandmother.

After they left the sitting room, I got up to go find Caelan. I figured she's in the backyard where mine and her siblings are.

As I exit the back door, I don't see her. "Hey, where'd Caelan go?" I ask as I approach Kim, Khloe, Erica, and Morgan.

Kendall and Kylie are probably upstairs in their rooms. "Bruce was getting on to Rob for something. Rob got angry and stormed off. She went to go check on him." Khloe says with a sad smile.

I nod my head and make my way around the side of the house and down to the basketball court. I find Rob and Caelan sitting on the concrete, talking.

I sit down on the steps, watching them interact. I smile as Caelan gets Rob to smile.

Eventually, they get up, walking my way. They both smiled at me when they saw me. They come up the steps towards me.

Rob tells me a quick hello and gives me a quick hug before going around to the others.

Caelan sits down on the step next to me. She places a soft kiss on my temple. "Is he okay?" I ask.

"He will be." She says softly. "What about you? Are you okay?" She asks with a small chuckle.

"Yeah." I say with a wide smile. "Poe and I had a good talk, and then Nana Quinn came and joined us." I say.

"You mean, they didn't scare you off?" Caelan asks, a teasing smirk on her face. "Of course not." I say seriously. Leaning into her side.

Caelan wraps her arm over my shoulders. She rested the side of her head on the top of mine.

"They must really approve of you then. Not that I'm surprised. Everyone seemed to be waiting for us to realize what they were realizing." Caelan chuckles.

I chuckle, closing my eyes as I soak in how comfortable I feel. "I bet our mothers are going to want to speak to us next." I mumble.

"Oh yeah, my mother has already tried, but Poe got to me first." Caelan says. I laugh and shake my head as I lift it up.

"I say we run away together." I joke. "Definitely. Maybe we get further than before." She says. We both laugh, remembering the time we ran away together.

Well, we tried. The two of us got into trouble for talking in school. Knowing that we'd be lectured that night, we planned an escape route.

We made it all the way to the driveway when we were caught. Apparently, the nannies heard our plan, and they decided to let us think it was going to work.

The lecture we got wasn't as bad as our punishment. Caelan and I got separated in our first grade class.

Then, we weren't allowed to see each other out of school for an entire week.

I remember that I thought it was the end of the world. The first day, we got to see each other again, I hugged her and wouldn't let go.

That was the first time I recalled realizing I had a crush on her or him at the time.

[A/n~ Chapter 11]