Not my cup of tea

Fancy cars were parked outside the Alpha's house after he had called all the participating girls to his house. I started scanning the group and realised I was the only one who wasn't so excited about these games. I brushed the thought out of my head and followed everyone else inside.

When we got inside I could barely recognise the house . Everyone was quickly grabbed by one of the ten ladies who had been assigned to us. As I was taking in the view, someone pulled my arm and dragged me to a chair. I gave her a tight smile and she started taking some body measurements. I think she realised I wasn't going to say anything and decided to break the silence.

"Hi Kate my name is Aria and I'll be your personal assistant throughout the 3 months we will be spending together." It immediately hit me that this would be the longest time I would be away from home. I said with utter shock visible on my face "th-three months that's a long time." She let out  a tiny laugh and said "it could be longer if the alphas delay in picking but don't worry I know with your beauty it wont be long until you're chosen."

It was the word chosen that got to me the most. Growing up I never thought I would be selected to take part in these games. Why you ask? Because I wasn't one for a fancy lifestyle. I just wanted a simple home and the love of my life. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with someone who didn't love me. Most of these men would just choose ladies for the beauty and potentially what they could do in bed and not for love. But I guess ever since I became a public figure in my pack, my destiny changed and after all I was doing this for my family.

Aria looked at me and said " Don't worry I promise you'll have a great time and before you know it you'll be married. I know its scary but if you ever need anything I'll be here." I mumbled a quick thanks before she left with the rest of the team. 

We were told we were leaving later in the afternoon since our flight was set to take off for London at 5 pm. The Waterway Pack in London was hosting this year's games and it was known to be one of the most extravagant packs. They make sure that whatever they do is always expensive and catches the eye of every other pack. Aria had told me all this earlier on when she gave me several fancy clothes to try on, some I never even knew existed.

I got home and I only found Eva staring off into space by the window. She looked like she had been crying as evidenced by her puffy eyes. She quickly wiped her eyes and put on a fake smile. With a shaky voice she said " I'm gonna miss you kiddo at least you won't be trapped in this hell hole." In all the years I stayed with Eva, I had never seen this side of hers. She always played the strong older sister and she never showed any vulnerability, up until now that is. I gave her  hug and said "You don't have to be in this hell hole you can leave and  start on a new clean page Eva." She shook her head and said "it's not that simple I wish I could but there are so many things that are holding me back , things beyond my control." She shook her head and continued speaking " I really hope you end up happy Kate, you deserve it.  Mom told me to remind you to call us as much as you can."

I packed everything I would need and said my goodbyes to both Eva and Dayna. We were all taken by those fancy cars again to the airport. I began to fiddle with my fingers feeling nervous all of a sudden. I calmed myself down and reminded myself how strong I was and that I was doing this for family.

............

Before I knew it we had landed. I began to taking in the beauty of the city. My admiration was short lived as we were directed to a huge house , no mansion which we were told we would be staying together with other girls from other packs. A lady with a bored look on her face cleared her throat and immediately all the girls who were screaming in excitement became silent. 

" Good evening ladies and welcome to the annual mating games. I am the lady of the house, Lady Emille. I think we are all aware of what we came here for so no need touch on that. Now let me fill you in on the rules for this year. You will each be assigned a roommate and that way you won't feel lonely for the period of your stay here. You will also be given tailor made clothes of our choice and by no means can you be seen wearing anything unacceptable by me. You are to be punctual for all events failure to do so you will be detained from a day's worth of events. And that will reduce your chances of being chosen by an Alpha or a Beta." At that most girls let out gasps of shock and that earned a stern eye from Lady Emille. The room became silent again and she continued speaking.

"You are also not allowed to be seen in the Alphas' quarters without my permission. Failure to comply will lead to disqualification which I'm sure none of you want. You may not jeopardise another chosen lady's opportunity with any of the higher ranking wolves that too is punishable. You are also to respect your Alphas and not deny them of anything they want except for physical intimacy if you do not desire it. And also as a reminder, you being physically intimate does not better you chances of being chosen by any of them. Now that being said tonight we have our opening ball dance which will officially begin the games. You need to look your absolute best if you want a chance of capturing anyone's attention tonight. After all first impressions are important." 

She didn't leave any time for questions because she was already waltzing out of the mansion. I looked around and listened in on some conversations by some of the girls. Some were planning on seducing the Alphas on the very first night. What about me you may ask?

My plan was to stay hidden all night and not grab anyone's attention.