Chapter 3. Optimus Prime

Smokescreen drove through the ground bridge, the fight still fresh on his mind. He had managed to keep Phase safe, and she, in return, had saved him from a real tight spot. He got so close to getting drilled like a screw into a wall. She rushed in with little regard to her own safety, and it scared him. It made him feel queasy. The thought of that drill stabbing down through her tiny body sent his energon cold. Is this why everyone else was on his back so much? Is this how he makes them feel? You know what? He doesn't care right now. All he cares about is having her safe and that his mission was successful.

They pull into the base, and slowly, one by one, other bots make their way to the McLaren. As Phase stepped out, she almost broke her neck, looking up at all of them. Smokescreen wasn't the only one ... .well, obviously not, he's said so himself! All these bots were of different sizes, different shapes, and different colours. All made differently to one another with their own unique personalities from what she could see in their stances. And the biggest of them all was to approach. The ground shook slightly with each step the leader took, and Phase had to step back, bumping into Smokescreens leg as a big rig of red and blue approached her. He looked stern but gentle, an expression of gentle indifference upon his toughened face. It was like being in the presence of that one veteran grandpa who told you of his war stories. She felt very safe with this bot, though the size did put her off.

He knelt down, hoping to make her feel more comfortable with talking to him, and even offered his hand to her. She looks back at Smokescreen, a look of concern upon her delicate face, earning a gentle nod from her new companion. She nervously settles herself into his palm and makes her way into a standing position as she's raised to this gentle giant's face. "Greetings, young one. I am -" the bot spoke, but he was cut off, Phase finishing his sentence for him...like she knew him. "Optimus Prime...", well she must've realised everyone was looking at her funny because she clears her throat, avoiding his gaze for a moment as she worked up her courage, "uh...Smokescreen he uh....he told me your name..." she defended herself, though that wasn't really true. She took one good look at Optimus, and his name just came to mind, like she already knew him. "I see." He nodded, his voice gave her the chills, and it was so deep and cool sounding with a deep bass tone! "My name is Crystal but...you can call me Phasefeather....what...what are you?" She asks, curious of Optimus and the others. She reached a hand out, feeling...oddly calm around him.

Sensing her curiosity, he allowed her to touch his face, allowing her to familiarise herself with him. He was warm, just like when she touched Smokescreens engine. Like touching another living organism. Well, duh, Phase! They are living organisms! The metal was smooth and warm, and she felt a familiar zap the moment her palm connected. "Whoa...." She mutters, pulling her hands back. "We are autonomous robotic organisms...but you can call us autobots for short. As you said, I am Optimus Prime. This is my medical officer Rachet" he motions his other appendage to the white bot with orange stripes, akin to an American emergency vehicle. Rachet was a very stern bot. Did not look at all as gentle or as pleasant as Optimus did. He just scowled at her, performing a scan on her body. "While she is healthy, my scans detect multiple lacerations across her exterior shell. I recommend sanitising and light dressing of injuries, " he stated bluntly. "Arcee, one of my warriors," the shorter blue coloured mech stepped forward, arms crossed. She was also less than friendly, but she at least had the courtesy to nod at Phase in acknowledgement, "Finally, another girl. I was getting sick of all the boys around here, " she commented, earning a scoff from the big guy in green. "Bulkhead. Our demolitions and wrecking expert, " Optimus introduces, the big guy hitting his fist against his palm, "Bulkheads the name, and wrecking is my game, " Bulkhead seemed much friendlier, and much more open to chit chat and hanging out. In the background, she could see the yellow bot with black stripes punching the air as he made beeps and buzzes of excitement for his introduction. "My scout, and youngest member of our team, Bumblebee, " what a cute name. And it certainly matched his social persona and paint job. "And you have already met your guardian Smokescreen.", "Good luck with him, by the way. He's a real pain in the aft. " Acree comments, crossing her arms and earning a scoff from Smokescreen now.