Chapter 8

One eye open. Two eyes open. Both eyes closed.

I cursed under my breath as light blinded my eyes. My brain pounded in my head. How much did I have to drink last night? Carefully I opened both eyes. It took a few moments for them to adjust to the light but when they did a scream escaped my lips. I scrambled backwards, falling off the bed.

Quickly standing up, I stared at the now awake figure that had been sleeping beside me. Ethan Carter. Thousands of scenarios passed through my mind.

'D-did we s-sleep? Did we sleep together?' I blurted out, shaking my head in disbelief. Ethan calmly stood up, ruffling his messy blonde hair. I refused to gawk at his incredibly toned and beautiful body as he stretched out in nothing but his boxers.

'Calm down Hastings. Nothing happened.' He muttered.

'Do you promise?' I asked. I didn't want to sound like a prude but keeping my virginity for someone special meant a lot to me. He looked me in the eye.

'I promise.' He said sincerely. I sighed in relief believing his words.

'So what happened last night? How did I end up here?' I questioned curiously, staring down at my dress. He stared at me for a moment and I felt self-conscious under his gaze.

'Nothing happened.' He said simply with a shrug, avoiding my gaze. 'You were just drunk off your ass and vomiting everywhere so I brought you here seeing as I didn't know where else to take you.' He said. I groaned.

'I became one of those people?'

'What people?' he asked in confusion.

'One of those people that vomit everywhere and act like idiots.' I groaned. How humiliating.

'Pretty much. Now, you better get dressed, my Mom is expecting you here is fifteen minutes because she's going to be out all day.'

'Okay. Um what do I wear?' I asked staring down at my crumpled dress. Instead of answering, he left the room. Unsure of whether or not I should follow him, I stayed in my place, allowing my eyes to examine his room.

It wasn't messy like I would have predicted. In fact, it was probably cleaner than my own room at home. There was a feature wall that was a charcoal colour, and then splashes of red and white everywhere else. His huge desk that lined the right wall was also pretty neat, with everything stacked in small piles. Above the desk was a long window that looked out across the Colorado landscape.

Moments later Ethan returned with a pile of clothes in his hands. He hastily shoved them in my direction. 'Here. Try these on.' I looked at them sceptically. I definitely didn't want to wear some girl's clothes that she left here after a one-night stand. 'They're my Mom's.' he said sensing my hesitation.

'Oh. Will she mind?' I asked. He shook his head.