046 | mama will be so happy

In the early early hours of the Monday morning after being kicked out of the operating room and instructed to get back to their maternity ward room, Jack sat there on the small lounge with his head in his hands, tears falling from his eyes, just wanting to hear anything about his babies and girlfriend.

Trying his best to not overthink everything, he focused on his breaths as he waited. Soon hearing a soft knock on the door, he quickly got up and attempted to wipe all his tears away before going over and answering it.

"Would you like to go see your babies?" she asked, sharing a weak smile with him. "They are in NICU care, getting some help to breath and eat, but that's the normal with babies that like to join us early."

"okay," he softly nodded, accepting what she said about his babies. "Is Adalyn okay?"

"Adalyn will be okay," she answered. "She been taken in for another surgery, there was.. a couple small complication so they're getting that under control then they'll move her back into her for recovery."

"How long will that be?"

"Probably a couple of hours max, but she'll be out of it for a few more after everything," she replied. "So you may come see your babies now, or if you'd like to wait and see them together it more than likely won't be till the morning now unfortunately.."

"um.. I'll come see the babies, yeah," he nodded.

Deciding see them might give him a little bit of a lift up, he followed the nurse down the hall to the room in which they were being looked after. Although the site of them all wired up was upsetting, seeing his babies instantly put a smile on his face.

"This little one's baby A," she explained since she was aware they didn't know yet. "Little girl, oldest by three minutes."

"aw you're a cutie," he whispered as he held her hand, his daughter slightly blinking her little eyes at him. "you're so small.. can I kiss her?" he received a nod, followed by him placing the smallest of kisses on her forehead. "I love you so much already."

"And then over here.." she directed him over slightly as he stood up properly. "You have your little boy.. the perfect twin combo if you ask me."

"awe Mama will be so happy," he smiled as he gently touched him. "our sweet little angel, you were always the calmest in Mommy belly.."

"I'm gonna let you have some time with your babies, some other nurses may come in and out to check on them. And we will let you know when their Mother's out and back in the other room to recover. Also I'll leave birth certificates in there, but feel free to wait and fill them out in the morning."

"Thank you," he watched the nurse leave before turning his attention back to his son, giving him a kiss too. "I think Ryder suits you well little man.. and we just gotta decide on your name, sissy.. but I think we'll wait till Mama's okay for that.."

Jack sat in that room with his babies for a lot longer than what he realised, and only had left around three-am once they informed him on Adalyn being out of surgery. Instantly hugging her as he got back into the other room, despite how much she seemed ready to fall asleep.

"I'm so happy you're okay," he sniffled, kissing her head multiple times. Receiving a small groan from her. "get some sleep gorgeous.. you're gonna be over the moon when you meet our little babies.."