016 | i just hate that

"Welcome, welcome," Kailani greeted her two neighbors with a smile, letting them into her place. "How are you two? How was LA?"

"We're good," Adalyn smiled. "It was nice being back in LA."

"That's nice to hear," she replied as they walked into their kitchen and dinning area, where her boyfriends. "Connie's gonna be home later, she still at work right now."

"Feel free to help yourselves to drinking in the fridge," Malaki pointed over in said direction after he had greeted their guests.

"uh.. I think we're good for the moment," Jack glanced at his girlfriend, watching her nod in agreement, and then looking back at the other boy. "Thanks though."

"Yous flew back here yesterday didn't you?" he questioned. "I mean what am I saying I do know that you were home last night."

"Yeah," he agreed. "We done a little Christmas, present opening with Lavender before her Mom came and got her last night."

"You should've came over for dinner last night though, all our friends who are still in Hawaii was over," he explained. "Kay made the best sushi."

"I don't know, man, I had some pretty good frozen pizza and dino nuggets," Jack chuckled. "AKA, the only food we had in the house."

"You know if we're home, you're always welcome over," Kailani mentioned. "Even if it is just to steal food."

"He's lying anyway," Adalyn softly shook her head. "I mean he did eat that but I had mac and cheese basically, plus I don't eat fish."

"You eat chicken though, right?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Okay, cool, I was stressed for a moment that you didn't eat meat after I've made teriyaki chicken," she laughed as she headed over to the oven to check the chicken her boyfriend had been cooking.

"Have a seat by the way, make yourselves comfortable," Malaki said, pointing at the chairs across from him as he lent against the counter top.

"baby.." Adalyn muttered, placing her other hand on his other side and pulling him around to face herself. "can you get me a drink please?"

"of course," he matched her tone, placing a quick kiss on her lips. "you sit down, gorgeous."

"If you two are hungry, the food's ready," Kailani said as she looked up from her phone. "Connie will be home five minutes, she won't care if we start eating with her."

"I'm happy to wait for her to get here," Jack shrugged. "Which cabinet was it for glasses again?"

"Yeah, that one in front of you," she smiled as he reached for it. "If you want water, there might not be ice in the freezer.."

"Adalyn?" he looked over at his girlfriend.

"it's fine," she shrugged.

"White claw?" he chuckled, looking from the options in the fridge over to her who blankly looked back at him. "I'm jokinggg, Pepsi?"

"Ew no."

"What do you drink?" Kailani asked as she though what else they had, watching her shrug in response. "no alcohol- Oh there might be Sprite in the other fridge, Mal can you show him?"