Part 1 - Career and Life

It was a normal day in Mumbai airport, buzzing with traveler's few in happy and cheerful mood, and few in a hurry and frustration.

As the bright rays of afternoon buzzed the surroundings, dressed in a business suit, Katha, with a boarding pass in hand, she tried finding her way towards her destination.

Though on the outside she looked calm and confident, the constant buzzing of her phone was a reminder of flurry emotions within her.

She cherished the close bond she shares with her parents and siblings. However, the constant calls were a reminder to her how her decision made everyone unhappy.

Her emotions were conflicting, between feeling excited for the business prospects and the nagging annoyance caused by the incessant calls.

Finally completing the checking formalities, she answered her mother's call, who was ready to blast her about how her decision was upsetting, who in their right mind left for a business trip immediately after their engagement ceremony.

She loved her mother, but sometimes it would be suffocating for her.

"Katha this is not done, who leaves like that, you didn't even think how the Gupta's will feel about it" her mother blasted as soon her call was answered

Taking a deep breathe Katha replied to her mother

"Maa, I do understand your worries, but this trip was unavoidable. You know how much effort I've put into this project, and this business trip was unavoidable"

"You could have postponed it by a day katha"

"Maa, i would have if it was possible"

Neerja sighed, " Yes, I know, but think of what others are saying, your departure just gave rise to gossip and raise eyebrows, and the gupta's" Neerja wanted to add more but stopped, she didn't want to discuss what Akash, Katha's fiance mother said to her and create unnecessary rift between Katha and her future Mother in law

"Maa it's not important what others tell you, my family understand my situation, and Gupta's they know about my aspiration towards my career and they are supportive about it, so Akash and his family will understand the importance of this trip.

"Well, I hope you are right, Katha, It is just that his family, seemed traditional, and they may have different expectations, so i hope you are able to strike a balance between your career and family"

Katha replied "I value your advice, Maa, and I promise to consider all aspects carefully. However, I also hope you can understand that love and marriage should allow for personal growth and support each other's dreams, not become shackles of hindrance"

Neerja Softened a bit "You have always been a spirited one Katha, I pray that Gupta understands, I pray for your safe journey and that the business trip works out best. Just remember to be carefull"

Katha Smiling "Thank you, Maa.. Now, I must make haste and catch my flight. So would end our call here, will call back once i land, take care"

Neerja, nodding "of course, take care and return safely"

She stood there for a few minutes, calming her internal turmoil. Several fellow travelers glanced at her curiously, observing the mix of emotions playing across her face.

Taking a deep breath and with a smile on her face Katha found solace in the knowledge that her business trip was of utmost importance and could lead to significant breakthroughs. She knows that once she reaches her destination, she can immerse herself in business matters without the constant interruptions. Nonetheless, a part of her feels guilty for being frustrated with her family, knowing that they only want the best for her.