Friendship

Chapter Two | The Read-Through

Violet was walking down the hallway with Ej as he live-streamed when Ashlyn walked up behind them and Ej ended the stream. "Your in a good mood" Ashlyn said as she started walking with them, Violet smiled as she patted his shoulder "That's just for his fans Ash inside he's a big old bucket of sad". 

"So your still not over the whole not-getting-Troy thing?"

"I put three years into this drama department and now I have to understudy my girlfriend's ex?" Ej complained as Violet scoffed "Oh come on look on the bright side I got Gabriella so Nini doesn't have to pretend to be in love with her ex" 

Violet's statement caused Ashlyn to nod "Maybe it'll be good for you to not get what you want for once?" Ej laughed at this "Why would that be good?"

Violet and Ashlyn just looked at each other and walked away Ashlyn calling back to Ej before she was out of sight "Then again, maybe you are who you are"

Violet had made her way to the bomb shelter after school finding her assigned seat and turning to the girl next to her. "Your Gina right?"

"Yeah, your Violet right" Violet nodded, her and Gina falling into a discussion of choreo ideas to pitch to Miss Jenn and Carlos. About five minutes later Violet was holding hands with Ricky and Gina as the cast sat in a circle and Miss Jenn sang a very high-pitched version of 'where all in this together'

A very long act one read-through later Miss Jenn finally let them stop, and before Ricky could stand up Violet turned to him "Are you wearing throb?" she asked, "Uh yeah" 

"As your friend, I think I should warn you to burn that jumper Ricky you'll burn everyone's noses with how strong that stuff is" Ricky chuckled before standing up and walking to Big Red making a new plan in his head as he did so.

It was early morning Violet had just finished cheer practice as she walked onto the stage for an early rehearsal, Ricky was already there "Sorry I'm late Miss Jenn I had to finish running cheer practice"

"No problem, thank you both for an early start today. Let's begin" She assured as she stood to pass the scripts to Ricky and Violet. "Wait it's just the two of us?" Violet asked as she pointed between Ricky and herself. Miss Jenn just hummed in response before going on to explain that they were doing the final scene as she had added a kiss. After slight protest from Ricky and Violet, they finally gave in as to not cause problems "It's fine it's not like we haven't kissed before, besides we said we were friends so there shouldn't be a problem acting" Violet said as she and Ricky prepared to start not sure whether she was trying to assure him or herself, this sentence had caught Carlos's attention him now wondering when they had kissed before.