Chapter 12

*Jason*

Everything has to be perfect. 

I asked Annabeth what Percy's favorite snacks are. I got Sally to mail me some blue cookies, and I made sure to wash the blanket that I picked out. I got chips, Oreos, and blue soda. Anything of Percy's favorite. 

I pull on my swim trunks. I grab my picnic basket, blanket, and flip-flops. I pile it all by the door. 

**

A knock at the door makes me jump. 

It's 7:30, just about when the sun starts setting. (I don't have patience) The knock get's louder. 

"I'm coming!" I yell. I open the door. 

Percy smiles. "Hey." 

"Hi! Are you ready?" 

He nods. "Okay, well, you have to wear this." I hand him a blindfold. 

"Why do I have to wear this?"

 "Because, I have a surprise for you." 

He laughs and pulls it on. "You're gonna have to lead me."

 "I was planning on it already." I grab the blanket and basket in one arm, and grab Percy's hand with the other.

 "Where are we going?"

 I squeeze his hand. "It's a surprise! That's why you have the blindfold on, silly." He laughs. 

I lead him to the beach, the sound of waves giving it away.

 "Can I take it off yet?" 

"Not yet!" I say, laying out the blanket. 

The sun is on the horizon, barely visible over the ocean. The sky is a golden pink kind of color. Almost peachy.

 "Okay, almost done." 

I open the basket and take out the blue cookies and soda, along with the cups I brought. I walk behind Percy and take off his blindfold. 

He gasps. "Oh my Gods! Jason, this is beautiful!" He turns around and hugs me. I hug him back, nuzzling my nose into his neck. He pulls back and smiles.

 I blush a bit. "I asked Annabeth about all your favorite snacks and drinks." His smile widens. 

"You didn't have to do that."

 I laugh. "Well, I wanted it to be special. How about a swim?" He nods. 

I take off my shirt, and slip off my flip-flops. He blushes a light pink.

 "Come on!"  

I take his hand and pull him towards the water. I jump in and he follows. 

He creates an air bubble for me.

 "Thanks."

 He nods. A fish swims up to him and he laughs.

 "What did it say?" 

"He just told me about what Dad is doing. Said he was fishing earlier before a bird pushed him off the dock. Probably Zeus's doing."

 I laugh. "That does seem like something he would do."  

We have been swimming around for who knows how long.

 It's really fun hearing Percy retell all the sea animals' stories. I would listen to him talk all day without getting bored. "Hey Percy, let's go back up. I have another surprise!"