Chapter Seven

Slowly, in a pain-filled daze, Vee stumbled down the sidewalk. He didn't know where he was going or why, but his feet seemingly had a mind of their own. And since he was too out of it to question them, he went with it.

Never has he seen a creature so hideous. Not even in his worst nightmares did he imagine that creatures of such raw strength, power and evil existed.

But they do.

But that isn't what has him irritated at the moment.

Yes, the demon Shayne called Hagenti was terrifying, and as the bull charged at them with his griffin wings at the ready to take flight, Vee was slightly irritated. Irritation was masking fear. The numerous slices and cuts he has across his chest, arms and back from the razorblade feathers which made up the expansive wingspan, that Shayne conveniently forgot to warn him about, are very irritating but to be expected in battle.

However, what is not expected in battle is being kissed by a man, an old man at that, right before battling a demon. That, by far, is the most irritating thing he can complain about at the moment...or possibly it's because he wasn't entirely repulsed by it. The lips were, by far, the softest he's ever felt, not that he has much experience to compare them to, but his lips have never been that soft. And he's feeling slightly conflicted about being kissed by a man and the fact that it didn't completely freak him out is really messing with him.

'No man should have lips that damn soft,' he mentally complained. 'And did he seriously try to stick his tongue down my throat? What in the hell was that all about? I should press charges...if I recall correctly, it's a felony or misdemeanor in the States. I would kick his ass when he wakes up, if he wakes up, but after watching him nearly singlehandedly take on Hagenti, I'm rather confident that he'd make me his bitch real quick...ew, that was used in the worst context possible. Ugh! Does this mean I'm gay? Mom told me that everyone is a little gay otherwise we're close minded to everything around us and that isn't safe and is dangerous, but never did I imagine that I'd like kissing a man...an old man. I think I liked it...I'm confused. Damn it! This is really messing with me.'

"Ugh! I'm going to kick your ass for this," Vee slurred to the unconscious body slung over his shoulder. "If we live," he quickly added. "You really should be ashamed of yourself," he mumbled, his eyes getting heavy. The struggle to keep them open was taking all of his conscious effort. "Hitting on me like that," he groaned. "A poor, innocent boy...er, young man I mean. Yes, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself," he parentally scolded.

The body over his shoulder moaned but hadn't the strength to hit him.

"That's what I thought," Vee smugly stated but it was all for show, he was on the verge of collapsing. "One more block," he hissed through clenched teeth, using parking meters, lamppost, cars and whatever else he could, to stay upright; a block was a grave overestimation.

"Here's a suggestion, how about a diet?!" Vee complained, putting his hand out to brace himself again the wall next to him and the tall wood and iron riveted doors that suddenly appeared swung open. Vee looked up, struggling to focus on the building but his vision was failing from the demon poison coursing through his system. "Well, it's better than dying in the streets," he mused and stumbled into the dark, yet inviting, building and the doors slammed shut behind him.

The white candles burning low in the red votives surrounding the room flared to life, illuminating the darkness with bright light. Vee stumbled into the temple, only making it four staggered steps before he dropped to his knees. He couldn't clearly see the figures moving around them, and he didn't know if they were friend or foe, but he felt safe.

"I think this belongs to you," Vee laughed before falling forward. The momentum caused the bloody body over his shoulder to flop forward and Vee's head landed on Shayne. "Oh this sucks," Vee mumbled, unable to move his face from the unconscious Knight's lap. "This doesn't count as second base," he slurred before unconsciousness took him.