Chapter~4

"Guess what, babe," Elle said happily from on top my bed. I and Becca were both huddled on the ground which was messed up—balls of popcorns were scattered all over—with our phones. An empty bowl sat on the ground next to us.
"What?" I asked with a slight frown on my face. I was completely immersed on social media, scrolling and scrolling aimlessly, while Becca was chatting with some guy.
"There's a party."
"What party," Becca asked, lazily, not taking her eyes away from her phone.
"Who's throwing it?" I asked, dropping my phone and throwing myself forward to lie on the ground.
"You know—that guy— Ola's friend—from Crimson Heart Academy?"
"Really?" I asked, propping myself into a sitting position so that I could face Elle.
"Seriously?" Becca also propped herself up and sat crosslegged. "Wow! When?"
"I don't know — maybe on Friday."
"Oh my God! I'm going to be there!" I exclaimed happily.
"What, you're not even invited," Becca said.
"Who told you that? Isn't he Ola's friend?"
Their lips curved into an 'O' as they were struck with realization.
"Well that means we're automatically invited, right?"
"We?" I asked looking lost— I was actually feigning it, though.
"Duh, yes,"Becca said in a matter-of-fact manner.
"What's with you guys and going to the party sef? Like—it's just a party with CHA boys."
"Are you being serious right now, Elle? It's not 'just' a party, okay. It's a —"
"Do you even have to answer her sef. It's clear her brain is paining her," Becca said, scowling at Elle.
"What did I do now?" Elle asked, placing her palm on her chest. "It's just my opinion, okay. I'm free to express how I feel."
"How you feel, my foot."
"Guys, guys."
I gave out an exasperated sigh and looked at them sternly.
"There's no need for all these insulting and all—but I think Elle really deserves them, no offense," I said turning to look at Elle who's mouth hung agape. "But... We should be talking about our outfits for Friday. The party's definitely gonna be on Friday. We need to look hot. You know CHA girls would want to intimidate us, right."
"Yeah, I hate those girls." Becca shook her head.
"I don't have any new clothes," Elle popped up.
"That wouldn't be a problem," I said, giving out a smile. "I've got it all planned out.

----------

Finally, I had something to take my mind away from Rachel and stuff. I was thinking about the party and how I was going to appear sexy and hot. The truth was that I needed to be at the party because of David, Ola's friend. I didn't tell anybody this, but I had a crush on him. We've met like twice or thrice when I accompanied Ola to the field for football practice.
As I rolled over on the bed, I couldn't help but smile as I anticipated the party on Friday. I just hoped it will come so fast.
As I made to close my eyes and sleep, my phone rang. It was Ola that was on the phone. I kept it back on the headboard deliberating on whether or not I should pick it. After making my decision, I went ahead to pick it.
"Hello," I said with a stern voice. I was still mad at him, even more mad at him that he didn't even try at all to make things right.
"Babe, I —"
"You what?" I asked curtly.
"I'm really sorry for what happened yesterday. It was just — I wasn't in a good mood. Bad stuffs were happening at home and—"
"You didn't care to tell me about it, did you?"
He paused for a while as if he was thinking it through, and said, "I'm really sorry."
"So are you going to tell me about it?" I asked.
He let out a sigh.
"Okay, I'll tell you about it.... tomorrow. We can't talk about it on the phone."
"Really?" I asked pouting. "It's not like anyone's going to overhear you."
I knew I was budging him a lot about everything, but what was the fun in not being a pain in the ass?
"Yeah, I know. But, it's kind of a long story. I promise I'll tell you about it tomorrow, okay."
"Yeah, okay."
"So," he said, sweetly. "Have you forgiven me?"
I took some moments to think about it. How about I give him a tough time?  It sounded fun right?
"No, not yet. I'll have to think about it first."
"Okay, you can take your time," he said. "But don't forget that I love you so much and I really miss you."
What was I going to say now?
"I love you too, but don't forget I haven't forgiven you yet."
"Fair enough," he said. I could make out that he was smiling. "Have a good night."
"Good night," I said.

-------------

The next day which was Wednesday, I got a call from Olivia. I hadn't gotten back to her since on Monday, and I knew she was calling just to know if everything was going fine. Nothing was going fine —except, of course, my relationship with Ola.
I didn't want to tell her that the students didn't even know where Rachel lived. I also didn't want to tell her that I didn't put much pressure in asking them about their classmate. It would make it look like she was more invested in Rachel's death than I was.
The only thing I told her was that I was still working on it and they had given me some information —which was definitely a big lie.
God. I just hoped I'd be able to get something out of those students, even if it was a little info.

~~~~~~~~
It seems like Nnenna is going to be in big trouble if she doesn't give to her followers what they need, huh?
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Love you❤️