Chapter 86: The gift.

"Isn't it been too long now Mr. Kim, where have you been all these years?"

"Where did you complete your studies from when you were still on the wanted list?"

"How do you plan to take upon the company now that it's almost about to go bankrupt?"

"Why did it take so long for the police to find the real truth Mr. Kim?"

"Yes, we heard Kim Daehyun was shot down in an encounter killing by officer Jeon, what happened that time, what's your relationship with officer Jeon, can you please tell us?"

"Okay first of all, please calm down all of you, I am here to answer all of your questions, but I don't have that superpower to answer all of them at once, now do I?" Kim Taehyung who stood on the stage by the podium in his three piece, which was undisputed style that never failed to impress, chin held up high radiating confidence, spoke.

The people laughed at bit and then everyone went silent, "First of all, someone asked where I have been all these years, I have been in hiding

"First of all, someone asked where I have been all these years, I have been in hiding. Yes, I was hiding, but it was a mission, a secret one as one can call it, the police knew about everything, it was all planned out." Taehyung paused as the tension rose in the room.

He knew he was lying, and he so wanted to tell everyone the truth, but Jungkook had his reasons, and he had come up with the entire story.

He had already talked to the authorities and came up with this plan to save Taehyung's reputation before it gets ruined. The authorities of course agreed since it was well Jungkook and he had his ways.

The smart man left no clue whatsoever and Taehyung's record was cleared as if it never existed. As if he was actually working with the police all these years and not by himself.

Another lie Jungkook had spread through rumours was that Jungkook was the one who killed Daehyun, since obviously Taehyung had no rights legally to do so.

All of this was planned out carefully by none other than Mr. Kim Jungkook just so that his man wouldn't have any trouble at work.

"I was given a new identity, and I lived by it, through these years, completely my education and now here I am. All these years the reason we couldn't do something or should I say the police couldn't do anything about Daehyun was because he was out of reach and there was a lack of evidence. We had to wait until he came back so that we could gain hard evidence and then convict him."

"Fortunately sorry, unfortunately the man messed up himself and tried to harm my man. Yes my man, my fiancé, officer Jungkook as you know him as. So he had it coming. May his soul rest in peace, wait sorry, may it never." Taehyung ended the speech and everyone fell into another round of chuckles at his sense of humour.

"As for the main reason of this conference, I will be taking over the post of the CEO and I know it will be hard for people to believe I will do well, but I can assure, I won't let my parents company fall to the crumps as Daehyun left it. This might be my legacy but it's at its worst stage now. And to prove my worth, I will start from scrap and make sure it never crumbles again, not on my watch at least. That's all." Taehyung took a step back and everyone clapped for him.