Chapter 17 Black River

POV: Adalind

I'm in Black River now. I'm staying in the Packhouse with Cameron. I do have a little more freedom here but I still have to report to dad where I am at all times. I'm to do this with Cam and Aiden now as well.

Before Aiden left he made sure to give me his number so that we could talk. Caleb is back at university. He came back the day before I left. I filled him in on everything that happened with Aiden. He doesn't think I should forgive him right away and I haven't. That pain that I would feel when he was with another woman still haunts me.

I haven't felt that pain so far since Aiden gave in. I don't fully trust him either. Jasper arrived at the pack yesterday. He is very patient and quiet. He only speaks when he deems it nessasary.

Jasper is who I'm with now. He's teaching me how to compell someone. He thought we should start with something easier and move up to the hard stuff instead of what Aiden was doing. Aiden said that I could trust him. How am I supposed to trust him when I don't even fully trust Aiden.

Vampires can't compell each other. The older ones can compell other vampires. With vampires the older you are the stronger you are. For example Aiden can compell anyone even a vampire he wants. Jasper says that Aiden is the oldest Vampire in the world now.

I wonder how Aiden came to be a vampire. I guess I will have to ask him some time. Were using pack members to practice on. Cameron says it is to be only voluntarily so we can't just pick a person and compell them against their will.

Cam also offered to use the rogues in the cells if we want. Thats what we mainly do. There aren't a whole lot of people volunteering to be willingly compelled.

That's where we are now is down in the cells. Jasper always makes me feed first. He says it is Aiden's orders. Of course Aiden would. I drink the entire bag so we can get started.

So far I have found compulsion to be easy. A guard opens a cell up and we enter. The rogue is sitting on the ground. He looks up. "A little girl and a vampire. My. My this is a new one. Whats the little girl going to do?" The rogue taunts.

"Begin. Remember to make eye contact. That is key." Jasper says ignoring the rogues words. "Im not a little girl. Look here and I'll show just who I am." I tell the rogue. "Oh really? Well let's see just what you got." He says challengingly. We make eye contact and I hold it. "Good now spin around until I tell you to stop." I say.

The rogue begins to spin round and round. "Enough." Jasper says after a minute of him spinning. "Stop." I command. He does. "You did good. Now make him tell you something." Jasper instructs.

I hold my eye contact with the rogue. He hasn't gained his sense yet from the dizziness. "Tell me why are you rogue?" I ask. "Thats not your.... I killed my former Alpha's daughter." The rogue glares at me. "A bit of a delay. Forcing someone to say something requires a bit more force so try pushing it deeper." Jasper says.

"Do I try again?" I ask. "Yes. Again." Jasper says. I do like i did before only this time I push more to his mind. "Why did you kill the Alpha's daughter?" I ask.

"Because she rejected my advances so if I couldn't have her no one could." He answers with no delay. "Better." Jasper says. "What now?" I ask.

"You need to practice on a more guarded mind. Some are easier to get through than others." He answers. "Who would that be?" I ask. "People like your father or even your brother. Basically Alphas. Anyone thats very dominant."