Chapter 15 Run

POV: Adalind

This sucks! Can't I just live a normal life and not be thrown in the tower to be protected all the time. Even Aiden agreed with dad. A lycan and a vampire agreeing thats weird.

Dad took mom and went to bed to leave me alone. "I guess you got what you wanted anyway. Me gone." I say walking upstairs to my bedroom. Aiden follows me. "Is that what you think? I really do think it is the safest option for you. You don't know Darach like I do. He was that close to you today." Aiden say turning me to look at him.

"If he's as powerful as you say what makes you think he won't be able to get into Black River?" I ask. "There is a possibility but it lessens the risk of him getting you. Your the key to the whole spell working. Why do you think I started teaching you to control your vampire side?"

"I don't know. You confuse me. Your hot and cold. Your a mystery to me." I say. I just don't understand him. He told me why he hates my kind and I'm sorry that happened. I still don't fully understand him.

"It's easier to stay closed off. When you've lived as long as I have you learn not to get to attached to anything. I have watch kingdoms rise and fall. I have watched people die while I remained. Eternity is not as easy as most would think." Aiden says.

"Is that why you pushed me away. Your afraid?" I ask him. "I'm not afraid of anything. However it is part of it. Your stuck in the middle between two species. One won't claim you. The other claims you only because you are their kings daughter. I'm not saying this to hurt you. I'm just stating facts. There is more at stake here then your little family drama." Tell me something I don't already know.

"That won't upset me. I already know that. Why do you think I have no friends?" I say. "You have dragon boy." I roll my eyes. "He has a name."

"I prefer dragon boy." He smirks. I grab a bag from my closet and start packing. "So why did you really decide to teach me? I was doing just fine on my own." I ask.

"You weren't. One cut and you would have attacked someone. I've seen it happen before." He says. "OK but you didn't answer my question."

"It was to much of a risk to leave you like that. As vampire king I can not allow a vampire, hybrid or not to remain like that. In a normal situation newly turned vampires are taught and in full control by the end of two years. They would have never been allowed in a public setting without their sires. You have been suppressing it for so long and haven't been around that setting it tested your restraint which is weak." Aiden explain.

"Thats it? It was just an obligation. Of course why not thats all I am to anyone." Why can't someone just do something because they love and care about me. I'm always this obligation that people feel the need to do this and not out of care or love.

"No thats not the only reason. If you have better control of your abilities than the more likely you are to evade Darach. This was to protect you the most. I have found that I can distract him long enough by going into his memories and manipulating them." He reveals.

"Well that won't be happening now. I'm leaving and you'll be 14 hours away." I say sadly. We just made up and now I have to leave. I hate this. "Yes you are leaving. However I won't be that far. The only reason I stayed at the school is because of you. When Darach came into the picture I should have left and focused more on that."