Ch. 4 Jax

POV: Jax

I just tucked Haven in bed. I'm not tired yet so I just do some work from my laptop. Adalind's 18th birthday was today. This morning Haven woke up repeating the same prophecy as she did 18 years ago. ' Two worlds will be united as one. A waring species will unite in union. On her 18th birthday this will begin anew.'

I'm sure there is no coincidence that this is a out Adalind. I also had vision today. Adalind lied straight to my face. She met her mate today.

I know that I have sheltered her. I was afraid of her being bullied at school. I couldn't ask Cameron to watch her all the time. He has a life to and deserves to live it without constantly being around his sister.

I had her home schooled. Adalind is ready to break free now. She's had enough of being stuck where she is. She got Haven on her side. In turn I was convinced to let her go to university. We had comprised on a lot of things.

There are conditions to her being here. One she has to keep her grades up. Two she must be home by midnight. Three she must report to me where she is going if she leaves the house. Four she is to call home once a day.

If she doesn't follow these rule I will pull her out of school and she will do it all online back at the palace.

I know who her mate is and if I said I was happy about it I'd be lying. Her mate is Aiden Vandomir the vampire king. I saw everything. He basically rejected her. He was a coward to not do it officially. I know why she didn't tell me. She was afraid and rightfully so.

I'm pissed that he rejected her. He's a fucking vampire. He hurt her. I would start a war in a heart beat for her but I won't. At least not now. I know that she doesn't want that. She's stuck between both species.

Cameron took over Black River as offical Alpha last year. He has moved out of the palace and now lives there. Liam keeps an eye on him.

Cam hasn't found his mate yet but he's still young. He only turned 18 six months ago. Haven says he is just like me. To be honest he is. He even looks just like me. Cam is my mini me.

Tate was named Tate because my baby's craving while she was pregnant with him was tator tots. She blamed it all on him and named him Tate.

Tate is 14 years old. Haven had a small freak out when each of the kids turned 14. I caused her to remember what happened to her. She really had it with Adalind. She was scared it would happen to her. It never did.

Tate is your typical video game loving teenage boy. He can't beat me at them though. Cameron can beat me at games. I have my little mate to thank for that. She had him practicing at two weeks old.

Haven is an excellent mother. She still has her emotional problems but I am there every time to pick her right back up. She has given me two beautiful children. She has raised Cameron as if he were her own. I am proud of her every single day.

________________________________________

POV: Adalind

I'm having coffee out with Caleb before my final class. My stomach is in knots. I have to see him again and for the rest of the year.

Caleb has been a great friend thus far. I know that it has been only one day but he's great. He boosted Cameron's ego last night. Cam is still not comfortable with me having a male friend though. My family all went home this morning.

Andrea has got over her sadness and thinks that we can win over our mate but I don't think we will. He hate wolves. He hates what we are. Everyone avoids me. I'm a freak of nature.

Caleb and I finish our coffee and chatting. Its time to go to class. Caleb is coming over after class. We're going to have a movie night.

My heart beats faster as I approach the classroom. I take a deep breath as I enter. I take my seat. I'm wishing I chose a seat in the back now and not the front row. Is it too late to switch seats?

I take the chance and make my way to the back. Andrea protests but I don't care. I don't want to face him or be near him.

"Good afternoon class. Miss Rickson you have already chosen your seat for the semester please take your previous seat." Aiden says looking at me. I hang head down gather my things going back.

"Excellent. Now let's begin. Turn your text books to page thirty four." He begins his lecture. He avoid any eye contact with me and I'm grateful for it.

The class goes on for an hour and he dismisses us. "Miss Rickson please stay back." What does he want now?

Everyone is now gone leaving me alone with him. "From now on you will stay back after class until I dismiss you." He orders me. "Why?" I ask.

"Because I said so. Now go put all of these books on that shelf over there." Is he serious? "Your kidding right? I'm not doing that." I say defiantly. I'm not his maid.

"No I'm not and yes you are. Do it now before I loose my patients." He says annoyed. I roll my eyes just wanting out of here so I do what he wants.

I grab a stack of books and take them to the shelf placing them on it. As I'm placing the books the smell of blood hits me. My fangs threaten to come out. I take deep breaths to control the blood lust. I just ate yesterday. I'll be fine for another day or two.

I look around for the source of blood and see he has some girl and is feeding off of her. Andrea does not like that. I had to hold back the growl she so wanted to come out.

I finish the books and stand at a safe distance away. I want so bad to sink my teeth in her. The blood lust is getting worse. I watch my breathing taking deep breaths to control myself.

After I stand here for five more minutes he releases the girl and sends her on her way. "Is someone having trouble controlling themselves. Did you a bite too?" He smirks.

"No. I ate yesterday. Thank you." I grit out. I'm going to have to get a blood bag when I get home. This feeling is killing me. "Oh? Just how often to you eat. You know going days without feeding makes the blood lust worse."

"That is none of you business." I spit. "You may go now." He dismisses me. Who the hell does he think he is? I hate him so much. How could I just let him get to me like that?