Rude Awakenings

I awake to banging on my bedroom door.

"Y/n! Have you seen Jim? He isn't in his room and I can't find him anywhere else!" Sarah yells through the door. It was then i notice a wieght across my bare stomach and wake sit up to find Jim's arm slung across me. Just then Sarah yells "I'm coming in!" And opens the door to see Jim and I both in my bed, shirtless. Great. What a start to our adveture.

"James Pleadies Hawkins! You wake up this instant! Do you know how worried I was you had run off again!" She yells. Jim immediately pushes himself up and flups over, tangling himself in my sheets.

"Uh- so- sorry mom i just- um- fell asleep- and- uh-" he stumbles over his words he looks at me, then his mom and back at me. I roll my eyes.

"We were talking about treasure planet and fell asleep. Nothing else. It's just a sleep over!" I say. She raises an eyebrow and sighs.

"Right. James get out of her bed this instant and go get dressed. We leave in an hour. As for you, y/n y/m/n, dont think i've forgotten about you." Jim and I look at eachother and gulp. He bolts put of the room quicker than i could say 'save me'.

Once the bathroom door was shut, she turned. Not with a scowl, but a smile.

"Do you know how long I've waited for this day!? Now I don't aprove of you sneeking around, but finally! You two were made for eachother! At first i thought all the bickering-"

"I'm soory, what?! You think we're like, together or something?!" I cut her off.

"Well I just thought since you... ya know... no?" She trails off.

"No! Gross! Ew!" I yell back I get out of bed and walk to the desk then turn. "Why would you even think that! We're just friends! He's like... um... a brother! Yah! Hes like a brother to me! Yuck!" I remarck. Futher8ng my point.

"I see. I am so sorry for assuming. I just... i just hope someday he finds a good girl like you and none of those- those nasty ones he's been hanging around." She sighs and slumps. "I guess I've been so stressed about him doing bad things, I wanted something to go good for once. I apologize profusely." She says again. She thinks I'm something good? Psh. 

"Well, its uh uh honest mistake." I say hesitantly. She really hoped we'd get together? Why? To hear more fights and yelling? I guess last night we finally got along, but we were both tired from the day. That was it. Tired.

"Alright! I will be in the breakfast room when you're ready." She glances around then nods and exits the room. I'm left alone to stand there. Do I tell him?

"Hey, uh, y/n." I here jim. I turn to see him in the bathroom door. "How bad was it?"

"Uh- I mean, could've been worse, i guess." I say. I am not going to tell him. That was embarrasing. Reminds me of shen she sat me down 6 years ago and talked to me about the birds and the bees. Never again.

"Oh. Good. I'm about to be grounded for life." He says.

"Why?" I ask

"Cause- well- actually, I don't know. She just seemed pissed is all." He states. Fair point, but I think she was masking something else...

"I'm headed down to breakfast. Coming?" He asks.

"Yah let me grab my shirt." I run to the bathroom and pull my shirt on. I look in the mirror and run the brush through my hair. Its a tangle of y/h/c.

"Alright. Lets go." We walk out of my room and down the stairs. We take a left and go to a hallway behind the stairs that leads to a breakfast nook. It seems to be a room with walls and partial cieling of glass. 

"This is wodnerful!" I turn to delbert who is already drinking a cup of coffee with Sarah.

"Why thank you! My mother had it installed." He replied. "Now. Are you ready for an adventure!" He shouts.

"Food first." Jim says from behind me. He grabs the whoke plate of eggs and starts eating.

"Leave some for me!" I say. I grab a fork and eat from the same plate 

"Get your own plate!" Jim says

"Yours has all the eggs!" I reply

"Well then, make your own!" He drags the plate away. Whats with him? I go to the kitchen which is connected by a glass door. I go to the pantry and find bread and a toaster. I don't need his stupid eggs anyway. 

Once I've eaten my toast, we're ready for the space port.

"And you're sure you can get everything there? You got your money? Snack for the road?" Sarah say fretting over us.

"Yes mom. We got it." Jim complains.

"I just- i love you. Have fun and make good decisions." She says hugging him.

"Ok ok. We got to leave before the bus leaves us!" He replys turning to the bus stop.

"And y/n, watch him for me." She turns to me

"Yes ma'am!" I say going to hug her.

"I love you y/n " she says. 

"Love you too Sarah. We'll be back in two months tops. Promise!" I say waving. I hop on the bus and find a spot next to Jim.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Born." I reply.

"Then Montressor space port here we come!" He says.

Once we arive at the space port, dellbert imediatrlly buys a weird space suit the "garuntees" an adventure. What does that even mean? Jim is quite annoied with his suit, but I think its funny. He can't quite menover right and iits hillarious. We stop by a couple of shop stands to buy Jim and I some shirts and pants. I ended up buying a long green skirt that is glowy enough to be reasonable. We thriwthe clopthes and some tooiletries in some new bags and head to the main port.

"Excuse me little lady. This would look just lovely on you." I turn to see an old lizardy lady at a jewelry stand. She is hopldig a silver chain that has a small planet and star charm on it with small saphires in it.

"It really is lovely" I say "but I'm afraid I don't have the money." I finish.

"How much?" Jim asks.

"No, we don't have anything, Jim." I tell him off.

"I got 30 pieces." He says. Must have been that skirt that ran me out.

"Only 20. Young love is so sweet to see these days." She says. We look at eachother with disgusts.

"Right." Jim says and puts the money on the table and takes the neclace, tossing it to me.

"Thank you, Jim." I say

"Don't mention it." He responds and starts walking. I look at the neclace. What a beauty. 

"You keep uour eye on that one. I have a feeling..." the lady says. I just roll my eyes and start walking.