Sleepover Under the Stars

I sigh as I flop onto the plush, luxurious bed in one of Delbert's guest rooms. I think he had forgotten all our stuff burned with the inn. That's why he bambarded us with apologies and promised to take us shopping in the morning. I figured I should wash up before bed.

I walk to the bathroom and look myself in the mirror. Theres soot covering my face and shirt and my hair is all tangled. I take off my shirt and rinse it in the sink then I wash my face with water. It feels nice, the cool water on my hot face. Finally i take my hair down from its ponytail and look around for a brush. I had noticed another door when i first walked in, but I had thought it a closet. That was until Jim walked in.

"Agh! Jim what are you doing! I could've been changing!" I yell.

"Sorry- I- uh- needed the bathroom and this is the one in my room and I- uh- wow..." he says as he stares at me. His face turns bright red.

"Get out you perv!" I more jokingly tease. I walk over to him and shove him out of the door way and slam the door. What a weird guy.

I finally find a spare brush in a drawer with a bunch of extra toiletries. I get my hair straightened out then descide to brush my teeth. Finally I yell "ok I'm done now" to Jim, and go to my room and am sure to shut the door behind me.

Theres a desk with a lamp, a bed, a bookcase, and a wardrobe in my room. I walk over to the bookshelf and scan the shelves. Lots of books on space, and I finally find one that sounds interesting to me, and perhaps will help with our journey.

"Captain Flint: History or Legend?" I read aloud.

"History obviously." I hear someone say from the bathroom doorway. I spin around and see Jim standing there with a smile on his face and no shirt on his body. Now its my turn to blush. What? He works out ok? I turn back around to stop myself from staring. I just yelled at him for that exact reason.

"Well duh. If we found his treasure map its a no brainer." I say over my shoulder. Now that I've composed myself, I go lay on my bed. I pat the matress next to me and Jim runs over and jumps on top of me. Where his skin touches mine I feel all tingly and light. Weird.

"Get off you big ofe!" I jab at his side and he rolls off and onto the bed. I open the book.

"Some say Captain Flint was only a story crew members told to scare people off. We talk to Captain Amelia about the subject. 'Oh he's real alright. Just like a 7 tentacled barnabus whale.' This is sarcasm as there is no such thing. 'But I do believe there are pirates who will do anything to get there hands on treasure. Stay safe and don't get duped.' As you can see there is a certain debate over the whole topic."

"Oh come on. Doesn't every space captain know he was real?" Jim asks.

"Obviously not." I state.

"What do you think it'll be like? I mean treasure planet." Jim asks.

"Probly round with some rings and lots of gold." I answer. He jabs my side and gives me a 'no duh' look. "Well you asked! But I really don't know. But we'll find out." I say.

"Yah we will! We're going to be legends! We can finally do something with our lives! Everyone will have to be nice cause we'll be rich!" He shouts back.

"But I mean, say we don't find it. What would we come back to?" I ask. Way to somber the mood y/n.

"Well thats not going to happen, is it?" He says I shake my head no. "Hey. Things will get better. I promise." He holds out his pink. I laugh.

"Seriously?" I ask.

"Yes! Now swear." I hold out my pinky and we link then kiss our thumbs and press them together.

"Now they have to be better." He says. I nod and sigh. He didn't get what I had been through at school. I didn't want to lose him to his riches too. Lets hope things becomse diffrent for the better. I flip on my back and look up. The canopy is navy with little white stars all over. It's quite beautiful.

"You know, when my parents left I didn't think I had any family left. But you've proven me wrong. You guys are my family. Promise that wont change?" I say. He flips over too.

"I promise. I never want that to change." He states. We lay there looking at the constelations on the canopy. My eyes start to feel really heavy and i am nearly asleep when I turn to Jim.

"You should probably head back and get some rest before-" I look to see him fast asleep. Well, a sleepover never hurt anyone.