Delbert's mansion

Readers pov

I'm shivering as Delilah races to Delberts house. I'm sitting on Jim, which is terrible in and of itself, yet my cheaks are bright red. Gosh I look stupid. The Benbow in is in flames behind us, and I just barely make out a ship taking of from the dock. No catching those blasted pirates now. Guess I should've read more about that pirate sighting.

The carage bumps and jostles as we make it to Delberts house. I nearly fall off Jim, but he holds me around the waiste. Stupid embarrasment making my cheaks go red yet again. Once we finally get off, Delberg helps Sarah inside and Jim and I unhitch Delilah and store the carage. 

"Why would you run off!? You could have been killed!" Jim says suddenly.

"Hey! I only went to my room to grab something! I didn't take long at all." Of course he would have to start an argument in a time like this. Though this one might be more warrented.

"And just what was so important?" He asks a bit kinder, but not by much. In responce, I pull out a gold and silver compass. When he sees it his eyes soften. This compass was the last thing from my father before he left. Its my most prized possession and i wasnt about to lose it.

"You know that thing doesn't even point north, right?" He says more jokingly than serious. He knows how much it means to me.

"Sure, but its worth something. And your mom needs to start somewhere if shes going to rebuild the inn."

"What?! No! She can't take that! You know she won't."

"She'll take it if she doesnt know where the money came from. She should have my ship fund too. I mean, she's done so much for me, its the least I can do." I know she wouldn't want to take it, but maybe if I can make it an annonymous donation... suddenly Jim's arms are around me. I pause for a moment.

"Thank you" he says simply. With that I hug him back. Its just like how it used to be. I miss this.

He pulls away after a moment and clears his throat.

"Right. We should go inside. Figure out what this is." He holds up the sphere thing. With that we tredge inside, as rain starts to pour. Great. Just our luck.

By the time we step inside Delbert's massive house, we're soaked. A white shirt was not the move. I wrap my arms around myself. Jim looks at me, maybe a beatt o long then shakes his head and shruggs off his coat.

"Here," is all he says. I take it and put it on. Much better.

We make little puddles as we walk. Whoops. Sorry Delbert. We walk into his enormous living room that has 10 ft tall bookshelves, all filled with books, and piles of books in corners. I notice one pile has a cup with a pencil abd toothbrush on top. Strange. He should not be living alone.

"I'm sorry Sarah, but the Benbow inn is no more" he says glumly. Way to lighten the mood Delbert. I move to stand by Jim and find him fiddling with the odd sphere. I get my compass and flip it open. The hand is spinning and spinning like it always seems to be. I should get it fixed, but it seems unimportant at the moment. Just then delbert starts talking again about the wierd sphere just as jim starts to click buttoms and get it spinning.

"So much trouble for such an odd litte sphere. It could take me years to unlock its misterys- oh- hey!" Just then Jim seemed to "open" the thing up. It glowed green and created a sort of hollographic map around us. It was spectacular.

"It seems to be some sort of map!" Delbert exclaims. Well duuuhhh. "This is us! The planet montressor!" He points at it and seems to some how click it. Something is activated and the planets syart spinning and zooming around.

"Hey! Thats the megalantic cloud!" I say. Its really quite interesting. It was formed durung the 100 year space war when the-

"And the nebulanic galaxy!" Delbert cuts off my thoughts. Thanks Delbert. "Oh! Whats this?" He asks looking at a very familiar planet. But it can't be...

"That's treasure planet." Jim says. I whisper a soft "oh" and he looks at me and smiles.

"Thats treasure planet!" We both shout.

"The loot off a thousand worlds!? If we could find it we would be the kings of the - oh? What just happened?" Right as Delbert was about to deliver his grand momentus speech, Jim closed the map.

"Mom do you know what this means!? We could rebuild the inn 100 times over with that treasure!" Jim exclames walking to his mother.

"Well I- I just don't think - all that time? Alone in space? Its crazy!"

"He wouldn't be alone! I'm obviously going with him!" I reassure her. It didn't seem to help though. Weird. I'm just sooooo responsible...

"No! Delbert tell them how crazy this is." Sarah asks delvert.

"Sarah is right. Its completely proposterous traversing the galaxies alone." She seems satisfied with his answer, leaving Jim and I disheartened. "That's why I'm going with you." He finishes.

"Yes!" I yell.

"What? No. No! Jim youre grounded. You're all grounded!" Sarah yells back.

"Mom! Listen I know its been a tough few years, but this is it! This is our chance!" Jim begs.

"Please Sarah. You've been so kind to me and the least I can do is help with the money. And besides, what could happen?" I plee. I could think of a few pirates that could happen, but we'll come back to that later.

"Sarah please." Delbert motions her over for a private convo that we can't hear.

"Can you believe it!? We're gonna find the treasure planet!" Jim sure seems excited. In a bought of excitement he hugs me and swings me around, leaving me a little confused, but also excited.

"Yes! We'll go down in history!" I say back.

"Fine." Sarag says. Yes! Lets go!

"Jim, Y/n, pack your bags. Tomorrow we leave for the Montressor space port!"