CH-7: THE KAIJU BOY

Previously...

Taylor and Mei look on in surprise and uncertainty. This was definitely unexpected and they didn't know what to think. "You wanna tell me where you picked him up?" Mei questioned to Taylor.

"Yeah. Where, exactly?" Nick questioned.

"Meridian. All this time, I thought it was our own people behind this." Taylor admitted.

"A home-brewed Kaiju?" Mei scoffed. "Don't think so."

"I'm also not sure about that." Nick agreed.

"Then that means the Precursors can make Kaiju that look like us." Taylor stated with narrowed eyes.

"The perfect spy in disguise." Nick commented.

Braedey, who's currently standing on the shoulder of Romeo Destroyer, could only look on as he had a tissue up against his nose. He didn't know what to say or even think about what he and Hayley had witnessed...

Unbeknown to the teens, someone was watching them. Up on the remains of one of the buildings, a group of Kaiju Rippers all snarl and growl, but do not attack. Instead, a group of maidens in black and red robes with white masks that have soulless black eye holes all look on at the human-Kaiju hybrid as if in interest, a faint ominous whispering among them all.

"My sisters. The Kaiju Messiah has come." One of the maidens said, looking to their fellow maidens...

~*~*~

After the defeat of the Category-4 Kaiju Copperhead, thanks to the efforts of the Jaegers Altas and Romeo Destroyer, as well as a well-placed nuclear missile from the Jaeger Hunter Vertigo, the small group of teens and survivors were now looking on at bOy, who's still in his Kaiju body.

"No! Boy! You're gonna be okay. I wanna help you. Just... Just calm down." Hayley pleaded to bOy.

"Hayley, would you get back?!" Taylor demanded.

"He's scared, that's all. Just let me go!" Hayley pleaded. "He's in pain. He needs us."

"No, Hayley. Boy's not in there anymore!" Taylor snapped.

"You don't know anything." Hayley berated.

"I know it'll kill you if it had the chance." Taylor countered.

"Then what do you want to do, hmm? Just leave him here to die?" Hayley snapped back. "He's our family."

"Our family is still out there, remember?" Taylor pointed out. "And we're trying to find them."

"You're both delusional." Mei scoffed, the two siblings looking at her. "The kid and your parents are gone. And now, so am I."

"Boy's a lost cause, but you know nothing about our parents." Taylor snapped.

"Yeah, except I do know everything about The Black. Trust me, they're dead." Mei spoke back.

"Don't confuse your life with ours, Mei. We won't give up so easily." Taylor snapped back.

"I've seen what hope does to people once it's lost." Mei scoffed.

"Well, you're a good example of it." Taylor counters back.

"You can live in denial for as long as you want, because we're parting ways here." Mei said as she began to walk off.

"So be it, then! Go on!" Hayden snapped angrily.