CH-3: ESCAPE

Previously...

"We should get out of here and before anything else happens or comes our way." Braedey suggested.

"No." Hayden countered. "We stay put until tomorrow morning."

"Why?" Braedey demanded. "We need to get out of here and fast."

"I know. But none of us are in any condition to go." Nick spoke back to him. "We haven't had much sleep, and on top of that, we have to think about what we do next. And right now, we don't have a plan set."

"But we do." Braedey now shows the holographic map and plotted route he and EVA have been working on. "We take this route, we can skirt past Bogan and get away from there, and make our way to Sydney."

"Not bad. But best we stay here until morning." Hayden said to them.

"I agree with Cadet Hayden." EVA spoke up, the three boys looking up at the holographic sphere. "Best you three get some rest. I'll keep watch."

Braedey sighed in defeat. "Very well. We sleep here for the night. Then we leave first thing in the morning."

Unbeknownst to the three boys inside of the silent Jaeger, someone was standing by the truck Hayden and Nick had stolen to get back. The figure looks at the towering Jaeger, a gun in their hand as they look on...

~*~*~

The time is about 6:00AM in the Australian outback

The time is about 6:00AM in the Australian outback. The Mark-4 Jaeger Romeo Destroyer remains in its knelt position in the desert landscape, while the three occupants onboard were asleep.

Inside the Conn-Pod, Hayden and Nick were both slowly waking up, the two of them getting ready to get on their way. At the same time, Braedey slowly woke up, rising up to a sitting position. But as he did so, he felt something aimed at the back of his head, making him freeze in place.

"Don't. Move." Hayden turns to see Widow there, a gun in her hand and aimed at Braedey's head. "You thought you could get away without anyone noticing? Then you can think again. Spiders can sense any small movement from prey."

"Widow..." Hayden snapped, whipping out his gun. "If you really think we're just gonna give you and Shane this Jaeger without putting up a a fight, then you've got another thing coming."

"You are lucky I didn't bring anyone else with me." Widow now spoke out. "But right now, you three are the only ones who I can turn to."

"What? Why?" Nick questioned in suspicion. He didn't let his guard down, in case this is some kind of ruse.

"Listen. The last five years in The Black, I've seen things that nobody else should see, things that no-one should have to bear witness to." Widow began to say.

"Yeah, join the club." Nick scoffed.

"There are worse things out there in The Black than the Kaiju or even of what's at Bogan." Widow said. "The Kaiju eggs they find, they sell it to those who give it to some kind of cult group who lives with the Kaiju. On top of that, I've seen other things out there, some that you civilians shouldn't be seeing."