CH-4: GHOST PROTOCOL

Previously...

"Alright. Then let's keep moving." Braedey shrugged his shoulders.

"Right." Hayden nodded. "Here we go!" With that, he and Braedey began to walk in unison, their motions now making Romeo Destroyer walk along.

"Come on, bro! Put some muscle into it." Braedey laughed.

"Worry about yourself, buddy." Hayden joked back.

Nick couldn't help but laugh as the two continue to work in time and unison, Romeo Destroyer crossing the Australian landscape to continue on their path. As they do so, Nick now begins to use his engineering skills to work the radio and see if he can find a way to boost the performance and signal efficiency, so they can try and make contact with anyone out here in The Black...

~*~*~

By the evening, Romeo Destroyer had covered a lot of ground after the confrontation of Category-2 Kaiju Itak

By the evening, Romeo Destroyer had covered a lot of ground after the confrontation of Category-2 Kaiju Itak. Braedey and Hayden both had adrenaline racing through their veins, and they felt like they cannot stop. As they continue to run forward, Nick was still working on the radio and Comms systems.

"Any luck on the Comms and radio system?" Braedey now asked to Nick.

"I've done what I can, but I can't get any signal." Nick shook his head. "So far, all I've been getting is static and white noise. I can't get anything."

"It's alright. As soon as we find a good enough spot, we may be able to pick up a signal from somewhere." Hayden reassured to Nick. "For now, we keep up with this momentum and keep moving."

"Still, best we don't forget to stop and rest up, just in case." Nick suggested to them. "We don't want to be caught off-guard by either Shane's group or even any Kaiju."

"Noted, Nick." Braedey nodded back. He then looks to EVA. "Any other Kaiju in the region?"

"Negative." EVA reported in. "No sign of any Kaiju in the immediate area."

"Best we take shelter somewhere." Hayden suggested.

"Very well. We'll hide amongst the town of Bourke not far from where we are, then continue first thing in the morning." Braedey acknowledged back.

Bourke is a town in the Northwest of New South Wales, Australia. The administrative centre and largest town in Bourke Shire, Bourke is approximately 800 kilometres Northwest of the state capital, Sydney, on the south bank of the Darling River.