𝙾𝙽𝙴

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙲𝚁𝙴𝚃𝙰𝙲𝙴𝙾𝚄𝚂 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙾𝙳
______
𝟼𝟻 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂 𝙰𝙶𝙾

"The world back then isn't like the world known now.

The world back then is barren of any buildings, cars, ships, airplanes, or anything that is manufactured by humans.

Matter of fact, humans weren't even around.

The world back then has vast trees and dense shrubbery as far as the naked eye can allow. Hidden deep in of the green, lies things which made humans eternally grateful they weren't alive during that period.

Prehistoric creatures run amok, whether it would have been something small like the predecessor of the dragonfly, hunted down by the ancestors of the lizard, the Nothosaurus which are proven hostile to mything that moves or breathes.

Or we can take a step even further to call out the supposed reigning King of the Dinosaurs itself, the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Despite having tiny arms, the predator is still lethal nonetheless. With its muscular jaw and rows of razor sharp canines to tear into flesh, no creature on land can be able to go up against that monster on a fight and reign victorious.

It was said...'no creature on land.'

The Tyrannosaurus Rex doesn't even know that there is a much bugger threat to it in the ocean, lurking around...

Watching...

Waiting patiently...

For the perfect time...

To strike...

The predecessor of the dragonfly flies onto a rock to sun bathe, only for a lizard's tongue to snatch it in midair and gobble it whole.

Mere seconds later, the Nothosaurus, with its pearl white and blue waterproof skin, picks up another lizard that was minding its own business between its teeth, refusing to share with the rest of its kin. The others give up and resumes eating from the carcass on the shoreline.

The group stops, heads perk up at the squawking of birds as they flee for their lives, followed the resounding thumping of heavy footsteps.

The roar comes out before the body of the Tyrannosaurus Rex does, pushing through the shrubbery as it charges head in for its next meal.

The Nothosaurs freeze, then retreated towards the water where they would be supposedly safe. The T-Rex pushes away the carcass they were eating at, upset about missing its meal, lets out a bellow of anguish. It then sticks its head into the shallow water and continued to release a bellow so powerful that its prey swam away faster, also attracting the heathen of the seas.

One of the Nothosaurus gets distracted, pursing after a small fish, unaware of the danger until the T-Rex yanks it out of the water, trapping it in teeth as it struggles to escape, letting out guttural cries that does nothing to help its situation as its kin scamper out of the water in fear.

Seemingly satisfied, the T-Rex flings it into the air, and at that second before the poor creature was swallowed whole, a large mass emerges from behind and chomps down on its head, letting blood mix with the swash of the oncoming waves.

Exactly how the T-Rex does it, the newcomer jerks its head about as the Tyrant of all Creatures tries to fight back, releasing more blood with a war cry.

However, its attempts are futile, are no match for the giant predator, the Apex on top of the food chain, which drags it into the water, into its domain and there marks the end of the long lived reign of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.