𝚂𝙸𝚇

"I'm killing Jess first, then I'm going after Hilary."

"Not without a plan, you are."

Evelyn could only glare holes into the window showing the view in front of her as they emerged through the cloud like barrier and into waters they're more or less familiar with. Jonas had told them that they needed a plan but she didn't want to listen.

"Tell me this isn't the world's best 'I told you so'." She used his own words against him.

"I know." He sounded irritated, but she needed to get her point across.

She did tell him that there was something off about her, that there was more than what she let on,

"I knew she wasn't trustworthy."

No one responded to her, and all she could do was roll her eyes and pay attention to the view in front of her.

"Explosives? Check this out."

"Look what else."

"Is that gonna be a problem?"

"Holy shi"-

They're now looking what seemed to be a rather immense hole in the thermocline layer, something that the Megs could be able to go through if they had ever caught up with the sub. Evelyn severely hoped that they use their pea sized brains to stay the fuck down there instead of causing more terror.

"It's a hole in the thermal layer. It must have been caused by the mining explosions. It will seal up eventually."

"Eventually?"

"Yeah, within an hour."

"Not before three prehistoric murderers decide to come up for round two," she snorted from her seat.

"Can the megs follow us through?"

"I hope not."

"I'm not lingering around to find out," Evelyn puts the sub in full throttle and in a couple of minutes or so, it finally breaks the surface as they neared the research base. She started flicking switches of all sorts, showing that she had this all under control.

"What's that?" Jiuming's voice had her looking back, before following his ine of sight towards a small screen showing the Staff of Mana One being followed by armed guards.

"Trouble." Was all Jonas could describe it as.

As the sub got closer to the stairs, Evelyn managed to force it to stop, so the others could climb out safely before she herself climbed out last, leaving her blaster since there wasn't much to do with it any more. She's resorting to her fists now.

"So," Rigas said when they're walking through a corridor, "we're walking fast and with a lot of determination, which is great. But what exactly is the plan here?"

"They're armed and we're not." Jonas said simply. "Well no shit Sherlock, didn't take you that long to figure it out," Evelyn found herself rolling her eyes again.

He then opened a door that led them into another hallway and Evelyn entered before Jiuming so he had to close the door behind him. She leaned on the opposite wall and peeked though the windows to ensure that no one was strolling past.

"All righty. So what are you thinking?"

"What are you thinking?" Jiuming repeated the question while holding up cases of explosives. "You and I find Mac and DJ," Jonas ordered, "Rigas, grab what you can. Secure a Zodiac so we can get off this thing."

"Rock and Roll."

"Safest if Meiying goes with you," he then spared a glance at the fourteen year old next to him.