Chapter 10

'Tease'

After a while of just talking a few of us decide to play beer pong. Jade and I are on a team against Sam and Carly.
"Cat will never tell me, but are her and Robbie together?" Sam asks after her turn.
"Not that I know of." Jade replies, taking her go and getting it in the cup.
"I see it for sure, she convinced him to leave the rest of the group, the only people who'd even think about hanging out with him, to come to this party with her, thrown by someone he, and most others, is deeply afraid of." I explain, watching as Carly takes her go but misses.
"No way are people afraid of you." Carly replies, turning to Jade who just leans against the kitchen bar with a less than pleasant look on her face. "Well..." She adds after taking a look at her.
"That's not as much of a compliment as you think it is." I state with an amused smile, taking the ball from the table.
"Were you scared of her?" Sam asks, suddenly having a hot dog in hand.

"Where did you- Uh, no I wasn't, but I figured she couldn't hate me any more than my sisters." I comment, amazed at where the hot dog came from, and wanting one for myself. I take the shot and miss, unsurprisingly.
"You know you're supposed to get that in the cup, right?" Jade whispers in my ear as she places her hands on my waist, pressing her body flush against mine from behind, watching the game persue.
"Yes, I know." I spit out, trying to stay calm, though her closeness, and the warmth of her breath on my neck has definitely given me butterflies, among other things.
"Well, do better next time, love." She teases, dancing her fingers on my waist before pulling away, leaving me wanting more, and missing her touch, even if it makes me question what I feel.

A few rounds in and I've still not made one in, each time Jade getting more and more agitated. There's now 2 cups left on Carly and Sam's side, the one's we're trying to get, and 1 on our side. It's my turn to go and I can feel Jade's intense stare. I take time with this shot, I need to at least get one in. I line up my shot and throw, closing my eyes as I do so. I open them to have finally gotten one in, and immediately turn to Jade to see her reaction.
"Good job, babygirl." She whispers in my ear from behind, a proud smile playing on her lips when I turn around to look at her.

In the end, Sam and Carly win but I was still happy that I made Jade smile, even if it was a small one that only I saw.
"Dude, you have an xbox?" Robbie asks once we join the others on the couches once more.
"Yeah." Jade replies, shrugging her shoulders slightly as she pulls me closer to her by my thigh. She's really selling this fake dating thing.
"Can we play it?" Robbie and Freddie ask in unison, eyeing it up like it's Christmas.
"No." She states simply, leaning back in the couch.
"Why not?" Robbie inquires with a grumble.
"Because I said so." She retorts as if it was obvious.
"Do you even play it?" He asks.
"Nope." She responds.
"Then why can't we?" Freddie huffs. I look to Jade who just has her usual, stern expression resting on her face.
"Come on, Jade, let them have their fun." I tell her, getting bored of the arguing.
"Say please." She turns to me and whispers in my ear like she has for most of the night.
"What? No." I reply, in a low volume like hers.
"Then no, I won't." She sates, turning away from me and watching the two. I stand up, wanting a drink and some fresh air, but lean in her ear before I leave the room.
"Oh, please, baby. Please." I tease, then I walk off.
"Could you two be any more whisper whisper?" Gibby asks before I'm out of earshot. I grab myself another drink, heading out to Jade's backyard and laying back on the hammock.

"Hey, where'd you go?" Jade asks, standing above me from next to the hammock.
"Just needed some fresh air." I reply, sitting up.
"Can I sit?" She questions, though it was more of an 'I'm sitting here, move'.
"Go for it." I tell her, making some room for her. She sits behind me and I lay back to rest my head on her lap. "Is this going to break?" I ask, concerned for a moment.
"It'll be fine, Vega." Jade answers, laying back as much as she could and playing with my hair slightly.
"What time is it?" I question.
"Midnight." She states.
"Happy new month." I smile.
"Happy new month?" She questions.
"Yeah, like happy new year but, for the month." I explain, smiling up at her.
"You're weird, anyone ever tell you that?" She asks, a small smile playing on her lips.
"I'm not!" I defend before being cut off by a yawn.
"Awh, is poor baby tired?" She mocks with a chuckle, taking a sip of her drink.
"It's perfectly reasonable to be tired." I state, turning on my side so I could cuddle into Jade's lap a little and close my eyes.
"Are you staying here tonight?" She questions.
"I can't exactly go home, we've all been drinking so it wouldn't be safe for one of you to take me home, or for me to drive, and I bet Tori's party is still going on." I murmur. "So yes please, if that's okay with you." I add, answering her question.
"Of course, it's no problem. Do you want me to kick everyone out?" She replies.
"You don't have to, I'll just crash upstairs or wait until everyone leaves." I explain, nuzzling closer in her lap.
"It's fine, wait here." She orders.
"No, I wanna come with." I grumble, holding onto her tighter.
"Needy much?" She chuckles, standing up before dragging me onto her back.

"Be quiet and you guys can stay for however long you're gone." Jade explains once we're in the living room with the others. Robbie and Freddie are on the xbox playing whatever stupid game and the girls are all talking along with Gibby. "We're heading up to bed." She states, walking out and heading upstairs with me nuzzled into her neck.

"Here, take these." Jade tells me, handing me some clothes before heading out of her room with clothes of her own in hand. I get changed and crawl into her bed under the covers. "Cozy?" She asks with a smile, getting in next to me.
"Relatively." I murmur.
"Thank you for going along with the fake dating thing tonight." She says as she lays down, facing me.
"Jade West saying 'thank you'? I never thought I'd hear that." I joke.
"Funny." She huffs.
"Goodnight, Jade." I say.
"Goodnight, princess." She jokes with an amused smile.