Part Fifty-Seven

“Are you sure you’ve got everything packed?” Aston worried, pacing at the foot of the bed as I sat and laughed at him.

“Yes Ast! Just relax,” I said, “And anyways if I forget anything you can bring it for me in a week.”

“I know, I’m just checking,” he sighed.

“It’ll be fine.”

“I can’t help but worry,” he said, climbing on to the bed next to me and sprawling out, “This is the first time I’m willingly letting you out of my sight since the accident.”

“It’s only a week,” I pointed out, ignoring the little jab he’d made about me trying to leave him. I didn’t think it was on purpose.

“A week is a long time,” Aston replied.

“I’ll be with my Dad and Caroline. There is no better place to be if I’m away from you.”

“Still…” Aston sighed.

“It’s cute that you’re so worried,” I grinned, lying on the bed next to him.

“I’m gonna miss you,” he whispered after a minute, his fingers somehow finding mine blindly, linking our hands together.

“I’ll miss you too Ast.”

I felt him squeeze my hand gently as a silence fell between us. We both lay there for a while, just thinking. I had no idea what was on Aston’s mind, but I knew that I was thinking about what he said, I would miss him. A lot more than I thought I could.

But the truth was, I’d gone and done what he’d off-handedly threatened to do months back… I’d fallen in love with him all over again.

After a few tense days in LA we’d fallen into a happy and comfortable place, getting along better than we had before and enjoying our time together. Aston had taken me all around LA to different sights and restaurants, trying to give me the experience of being a new tourist again. I loved every minute of it. But now it was time for Aston to get busy with performing and for me to head to my Dad’s across the country for a visit.

“You gonna be ready for dinner soon?” I whispered to Aston after a while, breaking the sweet silence that had fallen between us.

“Can I change our plans?” he asked.

“What do you have in mind?”

“I don’t want to go anywhere loud or busy,” he said, “In fact, I’d way rather go pick something up and then sit out on the deck.”

“Ok.”

“You’re sure? It’s your last night in LA, if you want to go out I’ll do it.”

“No it’s fine,” I replied.

“I was thinking how I’d rather just spend time together since we won’t see each other for the next week instead of going out somewhere with lots of people.”

“It’s fine Ast.”

“Ok,” he said, sitting up, “I’ll go pick something up to eat.”

“Do you want me to come?”

“Nah, I know what I’m going to get, it’ll be quick.”

“I’m just going to lay here until you get back then,” I grinned, moving up the bed so my head was on a pillow.

“I’ll come get you,” Aston said.

I must have fallen asleep because a soft blowing on my face was the next thing I could recall.