Two: She's Not Sick or Something, Right?

|Monday|

I woke up around ten since I didn't have any classes today. Although, I do have my three hour swim practice at two o'clock.

I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for the day in jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. I grabbed my purse, my phone, and my jacket and headed downstairs. I passed Lucas and gave him a quick wave before getting outside where I went to go to the store.

Each Monday, we trade out on who does groceries, and today is my turn. I will do the groceries, unpack them, make myself some lunch, practice music, and then head to swim practice. Every Monday is basically the same. If I don't do the groceries, I do homework or get extra swimming in. Routines become the bane of your existence in college or else it all falls apart.

I pulled the grocery list and a few coupons out of my purse as I walked inside. I got a cart and began my trek.

After making my usual circle around the store and then going through a few aisles for Libby and Tally, I went to check out.

Heading up there, I realized I was missing a few things, and the list was on my phone. I couldn't seem to remember what they were as I dug through my purse, leaning against the shopping cart as I tried desperately to find my missing phone.

With a sigh, I remembered, it was on the charger on the my nightstand. You have got to be kidding me. Who knows what I'm forgetting that could be quite vital for us this week.

The man at the checkout was very talkative, so I just nodded along as he spoke. The only thing I was thinking of was what I could possibly be missing even though I knew it was gone.

The man helped me bring my bags out as I finished putting my wallet away. He handed me a carnival style ticket, and I nodded, not really hearing what he was talking about. I knew that the store gave out coupons by tickets, so I knew that's what it had to be.

I handed him back a few dollars, smiled, nodded in understanding even though I wasn't quite listening (at least I knew he was talking about how he was planning on going to get corndog a later), and he walked away a bit confused with the money in his hand.

I walked hurriedly to get back to the apartment since the bags were really heavy and felt like they were getting heavier by the second.

Almost right outside of the apartment building, someone ran full force into me and made me drop all of my bags. I cringed as I heard the eggs crack, but I tried to get everything else before people kicked my products away.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to do this. I'll pay you back money for the eggs and help you take these to your apartment." A male voice spoke and hurried to help me grab all of my items.

When we finished, he took half of the bags as I grabbed the other half, and I finally looked up at who had caused and helped with my mess.

Big blue eyes was standing right in front of me.

"Ryla, right?" I nodded, and we walked inside.

I made eye contact with Lucas who was behind the counter, and he waved me over.

I turned back to Vega, his piercing eyes glowing as he watched me look back and forth.

"I'll be right back." I pat Vega awkwardly on the bicep and turned to go and talk to Lucas at the front desk.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked leaning against the counter.

"I can do this today, right? She's not sick or something, right?" I laughed.