One: Researching Was Always The First-

|Sunday|

Sundays were particularly a strange day on campus. Half of the student body was gone while the other half had nowhere to go or nothing to do that was related to school.

For me, I had to stay on campus instead of heading with Libby and Tally for a day trip for fun around New York. I had a story to write, and that was best done when I could go sit in one of my inspiration spots and think. As I grabbed my writing notebook and two pencils, I started thinking on the topic, my mind going busy quickly. I ventured outside and began to walk to campus. I debated on where to go, especially since it's cold.

My go-to was normally the garden, but I couldn't go because all of the students going into landscaping and gardening were tearing up weeds, tilling, and getting ready to plant on most of the land.

I wandered around until I found a lake that was on the very back edge of the University's property. There were a few benches around its partially frozen over water. A few ducks huddled close on the middle island, and there was a beaver dam right by the mouth of the river that flowed into the pond and was recycled back on further up the river.

I sat down on one of the benches and pulled my boots and legs under me, trying to keep my feet warm in their rain boots that I had dried off with a hand towel.

I put my notebook on my lap and leaned back, listening to the sounds of nature. I looked around as I twirled a loose piece of hair that was in my ponytail.

Write on the beauty of nature and how humans effect their environment. This should express what you see, how you feel, and what damage has been made of the little things. Be creative, and have fun.

My teacher told me before that when I wrote informational essays, I seemed a bit too stuck up. I decided to get my creative juices flowing as I looked around, grabbing three things to focus on.

Animals, specifically ducks and beavers.

Plants, specifically trees and flowers.

Litter, specifically paper on the ground and recycling.

Slowly, ideas flowed into my mind as I spotted a thing to write about for different parts of my essay and how to incorporate them in the best way possible.

Even the sounds, my professor mentioned, use them to grab a tone for writing. I could hear the crunching of branches from under the ducks' stubby feet, the lapping water, and the small breeze.

I studied the way the animals reacted to the harsh weather and how the plants had adapted from a while ago. I noted how trash build up around the area caused most animals to not leave the dense areas of their habitat.

I came back to the bench and leaned down to pick up a piece of paper on the ground to throw away along with the other pieces I had gathered from the build up.

I held the garbage in my arms and went to throw it all away in the only trash can by the entrance. The ducks waddled past the trash can fast, racing toward the fallen timber.

I threw the trash away before going back to start my rough draft for my essay, something that needed my all.

Once I had finished with the rough draft, I stood up to head back to my apartment to order some lunch and edit, revise, and finalize my essay.

As I walked around to the front of the school and to the bus stop, I was soon stopped in my tracks by someone throwing their arm across my chest and holding me back.

I gasped and took a step back, looking to glare at the person, but they pointed in front of me.

There stood a guy in the midst of a proposal, the camera guy five feet to my right and forward a bit. I watched as the girl gave an excited yes before taking the ring and smiling at him for the ring made from flower petals. Interesting...