[003] family reunion

[003] family reunion

                            Slater had no clue how long they had been driving for. For reasons unknown to her, she had managed to doze off.

                            Maybe it was the stress of it all, but Slater had managed to fall asleep. Marianne didn't bother to wake her. She needed the peace to think and she couldn't think straight if she had Slater bitching in her ear. This situation was already stressful enough without having to try and comfort her girlfriend as well. Admittedly, Marianne didn't really have much of a plan at all. As much as she wanted to pretend to know what to do, she really didn't. Never in a million years did Marianne plan for the dead to wake up and eat people, bringing about the end of the world. And she wasn't sure how much longer they'd be able to survive when she was running out of bullets. She needed to find a new weapon and quickly, but she was also terrified of stopping the car for even a second. She had to worry about both the living and the dead now.

                            Blinking her eyes open, Slater sits up before she turns to look at Marianne. She looked absolutely exhausted, and Slater feels bad for her girlfriend. How could she fall asleep and let Marianne do all the work during this time? Slater instantly felt guilty, even though Marianne hadn't berated her.

                            She then looks out of her window, seeing various bodies scattered all over the street and even onto the grass. Nothing but death and devastation surrounded her. But more importantly, Slater was struck by a sense of familiarity. She recognized this area right away.