[001] the sun and the moon

[001] the sun and the moon

( trigger warning for verbal abuse )

                    Marianne Rilke is both the sun and the moon to Slater Dixon.

                    Most of the time, the older woman was closed off - holding a darkness about her that was both terrifying and alluring. Whenever Marianne grew angry, her bright blue eyes turned dark - pupils dilated from rage - and she'd break Slater down. Not with fists - her daddy was the one who had done that before he died. Marianne used her words, tearing Slater apart piece by piece until there was nothing but rubble. A broken, hollow shell of what she had once been. Marianne had a gift of knowing exactly how to hurt Slater. She could simply look at her the wrong way and make Slater cry. Marianne knew every soft spot, where to aim her poisonous words and leave a wound behind that'd take forever to heal. Slater had been with Marianne for years and there were still things about her she didn't know, yet she was an open book Marianne took pleasure in reading.

                      There should be no secrets between us, Slater. I'm the only person you have. The only one who loves you. I'll never hurt you, not like they did. Trust me, tell me everything. Tell me every terrible thing that's happened to you and let me love you anyways.