(Chapter 1) Origins

(This story stems from what's referred to as the CORE event in which an almost spherical rock fell from the sky; its crash sent out a shock wave that altered the cells in the human body. Soon people showed up with unusual abilities. Further study showed people had developed a type of sphere in the body that worked intune with the heart. These were the core reason for the new found abilities and so they were from that point onward known as cores. Unfortunately not all stories have happy endings and the origin of cores is no exception....)

   Tim walked into the castle-like capital building as he walked closer to where the "President" ,who was more of a tyrannical leader, sat. He felt a looming dread fall around him. Soon he was face to face with the most powerful person the world had known, Markus Lebria. His core ability was known by everyone, "life aura." is what they called it. It allowed him to manipulate life force. He used this ability to crush everyone before him to get to the position he was in now. "So. I hear you are an abnormality as am I!" Markus said to Tim from his throne. "So what if I am? What have you done with my family?!" Tim demanded. "Oh nothing, just a little soul searching if you will..." Markus replied with a devilish look in his eyes.

   Tim's aura became dark as his right eye iris turned to pitch black. "Don't worry, they're fine as long as you are cooperative, that is." Markus said with a smile "What do you want!?" Tim said as he soon realized the answer, "You are what I want, or more specifically your abilities." Markus said with a wicked laugh. Markus stood up and locked eyes with Tim. Tim could feel his life slowly draining from his body, and as he stood there dying, his left eye's iris turned bright white, while the other stayed pitch black. Tim started levitating, and healing his body with the left side of his core and destroying the throne-room with the right. Markus dashed forward, and threw several punches towards Tim, burning a bit of his life to gain power.

   Tim responded by blasting forward beams of darkness, disintegrating most anything they touched, but Markus skillfully evaded. Every shot would miss him by at least 6 inches, and Tim started running low. Without many options, Tim gave into the nagging feeling in his body, and the balance between his body started fighting for control. "(light) ℓєт тнє ℓιgнт ρυяιfу уσυ! (dark) ₥₳Ɏ ɎØɄⱤ ₴ØɄⱠ ⱤɆ₴₮ ł₦ ₮ⱧɆ Ɇ₮ɆⱤ₦₳Ⱡ     ₳฿Ɏ₴₴ Ø₣ ⱧɆⱠⱠ!" As Tim started to be torn apart by his core fighting for control, he grabbed his own shoulder and blasted it with light energy, shredding his body into a more powerful form and reverting the damage.

   "May your soul find... balance, and may you grieve for the pain you've caused!" he charged up his balance, eventually shouting "уιи AND Ɏ₳₦₲" The light and dark left Tim's body, exposing the non-energy version beneath, and the dark and light each took their own form, looking like a light and dark form of Tim. He had a half halo along with the wings of both a demon and angel, the glow and the sorrow as he lifted his head back up to face Markus, "So this is what they were talking about when they said that if people with cores push hard enough the cores power will overtake the user!" Markus laughed sadistically.

   "Too bad it won't be much use. I've gotten quite bored. It's now my turn!" Markus said as his hand thrust forwards Tim felt a sudden shift in his core as if someone had grabbed it within his chest "This is over." were the last words Tim heard before he blacked out. When Tim woke up, he was in a cell, his abilities felt weaker than before, and he was exhausted, all tell tale signs Markus had just taken some time from him. Tim was then forced to watch as Markus took the life from his family members, their screams echoing in his mind. With the pain fresh in his mind, and his years drained from him over the course of months, Tim lay near dead outside of town in a ditch. However, his core started spinning once more, and the light within him refused to die. Before he knew it, years, decades even, had passed, and cores were now more common than not.