The Nitty Gritty: Member Participation

***

Please read this chapter carefully - you are expected to understand and uphold the CBC guidelines. Members will be held responsible for any breach of terms.

***

MEMBER PARTICIPATION - ALL MEMBERS (FM/OM/PR)

There will be three sessions per calendar month. Each session will commence on a Monday and conclude on the following Sunday (your local time).

During each session, members must read at least five (5) chapters of the featured story, but are encouraged to read further if they are able to do so.

NB: Prologues and other chapters containing direct/related story content are included in the five chapters. Dedications, Epigraphs and Author's Notes (published as separate/distinct chapters) are NOT included, since they do not contain direct story content.

It is not mandatory to vote for these chapters (as per Wattpad terms of service), but we encourage members to leave at least one thoughtful comment per chapter.

If you're stuck on what to say, try and think about the kind of things you would like to hear from your readers, even just a small "I'm really enjoying this" or "I like this character" can be really helpful for the writer. It's even better if you can add a "because <XYZ>" too!

These comments show other members of the CBC that you are committed to being involved in supporting other members and their writing, and help the CBC keep track of who is participating.

Please also note that these comments are distinct from the five questions set out by the author, details of which will be explained below.

The featured author for each session will provide questions they wish members to answer about their works.

- Questions must be reasonable, and require thoughtful, but not labor intensive, responses.

- There must be no more than five questions in total.

- Questions must not require reading more than 5 chapters. (We recommend keeping them general.)

Full participation requires answering at least 3 of the author's questions per session (unless you are the featured author that week), although each member is encouraged to respond to all 5 questions.

Answers to questions must be posted as a comment on the relevant chapter of the CBC Review Book.

As mentioned previously, an interview with the featured author will accompany the book chosen for the fortnight. Featured authors will be sent interview questions once they have been chosen.

It is requested that featured authors return their response in a timely manner, in order to meet the CBC's update/publishing schedule.

***

To acknowledge that you've read, understood and agreed with what's been said so far, please vote for this chapter (press that little star) and comment with an idea for a question featured authors might like to ask readers :)

***