The Nitty Gritty: Membership Overview

***

Please read this chapter carefully - you are expected to understand and uphold the CBC guidelines. Members will be held responsible for any breach of terms.

***

MEMBERSHIP

To be granted membership, candidates must:

1. PM the CBC user account @the_cbc with an expression of interest in becoming a member. The CBC will reply to confirm your application.

2. FOLLOW the CBC user account @the_cbc

3. ADD the CBC book to their library.

4. VOTE and COMMENT on each chapter in this book, to acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to its contents (there's a little reminder at the end of each chapters, as well as instructions on what your comment should contain).

Once you have completed these four steps, the CBC will PM you to confirm your membership status.

***

NB: the CBC reserves the right to decline or revoke membership in accordance with club guidelines, and in the interests and wellbeing of existing members and the club as a whole.

***

The CBC will be starting off with a select group of Power Readers (PR) and Founding Members (FM).

Wattpad users who contact the CBC after Wednesday 10 June 2015 to have their work featured, will be considered Official Members (OM) once they have attained good standing in the community (see below for details) .

Power Readers (PR)

PRs are members who want to read and participate in discussion on our featured stories, but do not currently have a story of their own that they wish featured in the CBC schedule.

Power Readers may join the CBC at any time by following the membership procedure outlined above.

Founding Members (FM)  {not available after 6/10/15 - all members who join after this date will be Official Members or Power Readers }

FMs will select a personal work that they wish to be reviewed. The selected work must be:

- published on Wattpad

- at least 10 chapters

- ChickLit genre (or a relevant cross-over, such as Teen Fic or thematically appropriate General Fiction).

FMs must review the work of all other FMs on schedule, unless they have extenuating circumstances they have discussed with Ara or Lucy.

All FMs will be contacted by the CBC (via PM @the_cbc) to answer a series of interview questions via Google Docs (a link will be provided in PM conversation). FMs will be required to provide:

- The name of the work they wish reviewed (ChickLit or cross-over genre, minimum ten chapters published on Wattpad).

- A quote related to their thoughts on ChickLit or literature in general or women in literature (writers, readers or characters).

- Five questions they wish their reviewers to consider. Ideally one question will be introspective, allowing reviewers to consider their own relationship with writing, but we leave this up to the featured writer's discretion. Ara (@greatblueheron) and Lucy (@Lucyface) are happy to work with authors regarding these questions, and we encourage all members to work together on these as well.

Official Members (OM)

Official members will have their works become available for consideration once they have attained good standing in the CBC. Good standing consists of:

- Full participation in the CBC for 3 consecutive sessions. Full participation is here defined as thoughtful commentary on the assigned chapters each week, and responding to at least three of the author's questions. Ara and Lucy will keep a spreadsheet of each candidate member's participation. If Ara and Lucy feel that the candidate has not completed their task in good faith, they may be rejected from the CBC. If the candidate wishes to appeal their rejection, they may request an appeal from any of the founding members. If a candidate fails to participate in three (3) consecutive sessions, they may place another request for consideration, but they will be moved to the back of the queue and must once again participate in three (3) consecutive sessions.

- Once a candidate's novel is less than a month from consideration by the CBC, they must participate in the 2 sessions prior to theirs, or be moved to the back of the queue.

- Once a candidate has been added to the queue, they will be contacted by the CBC (via PM @the_cbc) to answer a series of interview questions via a Google Doc (link will be provided in PM). (Details as per FM interviews)

***

To acknowledge that you've read, understood and agreed with what's been said so far, please vote for this chapter (press that little star) and comment with whether you are an FM, OM or PR :)

***