Chapter 3

Please vote, comment, and maybe fan? I need a name for the kid still! Don't be shy! I will put your name as a shout out in the chapter I decide on the name for him, even if I don't use your name. Enjoy the chapter!

>Kai's POV<

Chapter 3

Kai growled quietly to himself, as he walked through the mall with his friends. He still hadn't found his mate. All his friends that he was with, were werewolves so it was fine to growl to himself. James put a hand on his shoulder, as if saying that it was okay.

Over the past nine months Kai had gone everywhere with his dad, in hopes that he could find his mate in another pack. None have been successful, so far. This was the other way that he had tried, just to walk around the malls in town, and with a new town, new malls and new people. With school starting in a few weeks, Kai had hopped to find his mate in those weeks. So here he was, searching through the endless shops I'm the mall with his friends.

"I hate this," Kai complained for the tenth time they had been in that mall today.

"Ya we all know, shut up," Casey said, she was the only one that Kai knew who would be the disrespectful to their alpha, he didn't mind though since she was his best friend.

"Well I do," Kai said looking back at her. Her brown curls bounced with each of her steps, her yellow eyes locked onto his blue ones.

"I swear I will embarrass you if you don't shut up about that," she threatened.

"I'm not scared, I'll just embarrass you," Kai threatened back.

"Bet I'll get far away before you can get me," she said with an evil grin.

"Oh I'll catch you," she shrugged.

"Ya you will, but not for a while with your pants and boxers around your ankles," she smiled like an angel, Kai's face started to heat up. He looked away from her and scanned the people again, hoping that his mate would be out there. Casey giggled from something that her mate, Mathew, said. Kai didn't really like Mathew but he put up with him cause of Casey.

James was his beta when he became the alpha, while Tristan, was his ex. They dated briefly, and it wasn't that serious. The two of them were still good friends, and if anything, Kai's second best friend.If you didn't know it you'd think that Kai and Tristan were dating since the two of them would always be touching in someway. The two boys were real close. Kobe hated Tristan with a vengeance so that was more inventive to have him around for Kai.

Kai could hear Tristan laugh quietly, he looked back at him, Tristan met eyes with Kai and winked. Kai smiled and shook his head. He felt a hand smack his butt, he turned around and saw a playful smile on Tristan's face. They walked through the mall for a bit longer until Kai grew angry, and his friends could feel the waves of angry roll of of him.

"Come on you, let's go for a run," Casey said grabbing his hand and walking for the exit. Kai didn't resist at all. When they got outside and were in the forest the five of them changed and started their run. Kai only wanted to go home, so he ran at full speed back home. James detoured away from them to go to his house, and soon so did Mathew and Casey. However, Tristan followed Kai back to his house.

At the front door Kai and Tristan changed back to their human forms. Kai went in and noticed that their was no one home. He smiled and walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Tristan sat beside him and leaned on him. He could hear footfalls coming from outside, he looked and saw the little pup walking inside.

"Who's the little kid?" Tristan asked, glancing at the boy.

"We found him in the forest, living out there alone," Kai shrugged, "we took him in. Oh, but don't try talking to him, he can't speak." Tristan looked at Kai with a smile, Tristan moved an arm around Kai's waist.