014

chapter fourteen camp prom!

chapter fourteen
camp prom!

Dylan had gotten up bright and early the next morning, willingly for once

Dylan had gotten up bright and early the next morning, willingly for once. It was the day of Camp Prom and she was ever so excited. She had kept her promise to EJ and painted her nails a light pink colour despite knowing she wasn't going to wear any other pink clothing so she matched her boyfriend just a tad.

She was now sat outside the Honeycomb cabin, her phone leant against her foot as she phoned Eve, very thankful for the competition that allowed her to win her phone back. Dylan smiled as the woman answered, her popping up on the screen with a tan and a cocktail in her hand already.

"Are you drinking before 11am?" Dylan asked.

"Wow, no, hi, how are you? Straight into the judging." Eve retorted, the smile on her face suggesting that she was only teasing her step-daughter.

"Early bird gets the worm." Her father's voice came from off camera making Dylan laugh.

"I take it you're enjoying yourselves then?" Dylan commented.

"Yes." Eve nodded. "Are you?"

"Surprisingly, yes." Dylan told them. "Ups and downs though."

"What's going on?" Eve wondered.

"Just stuff with Gina. It's nothing." Dylan waved them off. "It is Camp Prom tonight and then the show is tomorrow."

"Dylan, you are going to kill Elsa. I know it." Eve reassured her.

"You are a living Elsa, Dyl. You'll be great." Sebastian added.

"Thanks guys." Dylan smiled. "I just... I don't know. What if... what if I'm not Elsa? Like she found herself and I have no idea who I am or where I'm going."

"That's the point, Dyl." Eve told her. "She finds herself throughout the movie, let it go is about moving on from her past and being free to do whatever she wanted."

"What if I don't want to move on yet?" Dylan wondered.

"Everyone has to move on eventually, sweetheart." Seb stated. "It's life. And let it go isn't just about moving on, it's about embracing her insecurities and realising she doesn't have to be perfect to be herself and be loved."