008

chapter eight
read through disasters pt 2

The next day they had all planned to put on a production of Fabulous at the pool to impress Corbin Bleu when he came

The next day they had all planned to put on a production of Fabulous at the pool to impress Corbin Bleu when he came. Dylan thought it was slightly stupid but she had agreed to dance so she really couldn't back out now. Everything had to pink, of course, so she had on a white bikini top on with pink hearts, pink shorts and a pair of pink converse. Her hair was in braids tied with pink ribbon.

"I think he's coming." Ricky stated.

They all gasped and scrambled to get into their positions. Dylan sat casually on one of the lawn chairs, the choreography running through her mind. Ricky pressed play on the radio, and the music for Fabulous rang out of it.

"It's out with the old and in the with the new, goodbye clouds of grey, hello skies of blue." Carlos sang.

However, when Dylan looked up, she saw her boyfriend sheepishly pushing his way through all of them. Dylan let out a sigh, staring at him with a weak smile.

"And cut!" Ricky shouted, turning off the radio. "It's just EJ."

EJ raised his hands in surrender at all of their disappointed expressions from him ruining their performance. "Wow, sorry I'm not Corbin Bleu." He then pointed to Carlos' trousers. "Hey, I don't remember Sharpay wearing chinos."

Carlos stood up from his towel. "Excuse you. Flawless skin and sunlight do not mix."

Dylan stood up, crossing her arms over her chest. "EJ, come on. Where's Corbin?"

"Gee, I don't know." EJ replied. "Maybe your secret late-night hiking buddy Ricky knows, huh?"

She blinked in confusion at the... jealousy in his voice. Like always, Dylan really had no idea what was going on.

"What?" Dylan let out.

"You're funny and you never make things weird, EJ." Ricky chuckled.

Gina then raised her hand, her eyebrows knit together. "Also I was there and she didn't come with Ricky and I, she was with Ash. Are you alright?"

EJ ignored her, and Gina frowned, which made Dylan frown. "Look, Corbin's helicopter had a maintenance issue. He'll be here any second. Are we totally sure about doing this?"

"We wanna impress Corbin Bleu." Carlos explained. "And how else does one impress a person except by performing elaborate musical numbers for them?" There was the sound of a helicopter approaching and Carlos became panicked. "Places, everyone! Someone hand me my sunglasses!"

Dylan locked eyes with EJ momentarily. His eyes lit up at the sight of her, like they normally did but then he just let out a sigh and began walking away. She stared at his retreating figure, wondering why he didn't give her a kiss like he had since they got together before falling back onto her chair.