006

chapter six
dylan valdez IS elsa confirmed

"Do you wanna build a snowman?" Gina's voice sung loudly

"Do you wanna build a snowman?" Gina's voice sung loudly. "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

Nope. It was way too early for this.

Dylan groaned, rubbing her eyes. "No."

"Get up!" Gina screamed.

"Why are you yelling?"

"I'm yelling because the cast list is posted." Gina explained, and even through her sleepy state, Dylan could hear the excitement in her voice. "You should really come look at it."

"Five more minutes."

"No, now."

Dylan sat up, blinking a few times to clear her vision, "Is it big news?"

"Would I have come to get you if it wasn't?" Gina sent her a look. "Come on!"

Dylan slid out of her bunk and put on a pair of flip-flops so she wasn't barefoot. She grabbed a hoodie that was definitely EJ's and pulled it on, making sure to pick up her glasses as she left the cabin. She didn't need glasses, only when she was sleepy or had to do lots of reading. Dylan followed Gina across the lawn to the barn, where a crowd was already gathering around a wall of the barn.

She pushed past Kourtney, who was stood smiling at her. Dylan scanned for everyone else's names first. Ricky for Kristoff — typical — Jet got Hans, Gina got Anna, EJ got Sven, Carlos got Olaf, two younger girls named Emmy and Alex got young Anna and Elsa, and the rest — including Kourtney and Ashlyn — got ensemble.

And finally, her eyes found her name last. She found it at the top of the sheet. Dylan blinked, wondering if she was still dreaming. She snapped out of her shock filled trance when Gina hit her arm a few times.

"Did I- Am I dreaming?" Dylan asked.

"You're awake D!" Gina replied. "It's real."

"I got Elsa!" Dylan breathed in amazement.

"See, I told you you'd get Elsa." Kourtney told her from her other side.

Dylan turned around and surged forward, tackling Kourtney into a hug. Kourtney laughed and hugged her back tightly, the two rocking and forth. Dylan let go of her friend and looked back at the cast list, a deep breath being released from her.

"We're gonna be sister!" Gina's voice cut in, her voice now high-pitched. "It's a dream come true."

Gina let out a squeal. Dylan laughed slightly and took Gina's hand in hers, lacing their fingers together. She squealed with Gina. The thought of them playing sisters was incredible.

"Wow!" Ricky's voice exclaimed from behind them. "I didn't know your voices could even reach that register." The two turned around to face the boy. Ricky made eye contact with Dylan, knowing how excited she was to finally audition for a big character. "You got Elsa?"