Chapter 4

Hudson and Grace were sitting together on the couch, Hudson's arm around her. They sat in peaceful silence, just enjoying each other's company. 

 Grace didn't understand her feeling for him. She just met him, but yet, she felt something for him. And somehow, it seemed to be more than just a crush.

 "Um...Would you like some lemonade?" Grace asked, breaking the silence.

 "Alright. Do you need any help?" Hudson responded.

 "No, I'll be fine. But I could use some help getting into my wheelchair." Grace gave a little chuckle. 

 Hudson nodded and stood up. He lifted the girl in his arms. The two looked at one another and for a moment, it was like they were the only two people in the world. Sparks flew at Hudson's touch. Grace was startled, but Hudson smiled at her, which seemed to calm her down and reassure her. 

 "You really are beautiful..." Hudson whispered. Rex watched from where he was lying. He gave a little doggy smile.

 The two closed their eyes and leaned in closer to each other. But, before anything happened, Danielle and Mark came in, Danielle squealing in delight. Hudson and Grace were startled out of their daze and looked over at Danni and Mark.

 "I'm sorry, did we interrupt something?" Mark asked, his arm around his mate. Rex was rolling his eyes, not happy they had ruined the moment Grace and Hudson were having.

 "No, no, it's fine. You didn't interrupt anything." Grace smiled. Hudson nodded in agreement, placing Grace down in her wheelchair. Rex stood up from where he was lying and walked over to Grace. He sat down beside her wheelchair. "Good boy, Rexy." Grace smiled.

 "Grace, guess what!" Danni squealed.

 "What?" Grace asked her friend.

 "Mark and I are engaged!" 

 "Oh my word, for real?! Congratulations!" Grace exclaimed, wheeling herself over to Danni. The two hugged each other tight. Rex smiled his doggy smile. He wasn't exactly sure what had happened, but whatever it was, it made Grace happy. Therefore, he was happy.

 "Congrats, bro. I'm happy for you." Hudson smiled. 

 "Thanks, Hudson." Mark smiled as Hudson gave him a 'Bro' hug.

 The four talked and laughed, making plans for Danni's wedding. By the time the boys left, it was almost 5 o'clock. Though a little reluctant to say goodbye, Hudson left. 

 "I promise I'll see you again soon, Gracie." Hudson told Grace, holding her hands.

 She looked up at him from her wheelchair. She blushed at his nickname and smiled. "I'll be looking forward to it. Oh, and, remember what I said about family. We don't know how long we have with them...Cherish and spend time with them while they're here." she spoke softly.

 Hudson nodded. "I will. Thanks." Rex whined a little. It was as if he didn't want Hudson to leave. Hudson chuckled and knelt down, patting his head. "I'll be back soon for a visit, alright, bud?"

 Mark and Danni exchanged glances with one another. Hudson had made promises before, but most of them, he broke because work was more important to him. They hoped that he meant this promise and he would pay Grace and Rex a visit.

 The next day, Hudson and Mark were training again. Mark was taking it easy on Hudson because he was still limping a little.

 "I told you, I'm fine! Give me your best shot, Mark!" Hudson declared, punching Mark in the eye.

 "Ow! Good grief! That hurt...Nice shot, bro." Mark exclaimed, holding his eye.

 "Are you ok? I did not mean to give you a black eye. I was aiming for your jaw." Hudson asked, frowning.