Need of a Change (Edited)

A/N: edited 12/10/2023 I didn't make a lot of changes I just changed that his hair had blonde highlights to having auburn red. Other than that I made a few grammar corrections not much though.

=======================================================================

"Prat" -talking

'Dumbfuck' -thinking

"Enough" -familiars speaking/beast speak/gobbledygook

'Interesting' -familiars/magical creature/goblin thinking

*Smokes* -action

§open§ -Parseltongue

"Hello" - speaking a different language

Hello -writing/messages/news

'Vision'- memories/visions being seen

Chapter 1: Need of a Change

===========================================================================

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Start Chapter¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Harry pov:

It has been 3 days since I returned to the Durlseys for the summer. All in all, it was the worst summer of my life. The first night back the Dursleys gave me a beating worse than ever before. However I never really saw what the Dursleys did as a beating more like a crappy form of torture by amateurs. Then there was yesterday the Dursleys had burned nearly all my hogwarts stuff the only thing I manage to was the photo album from Hagrid, my late father's invisible cloak, and my wand. Today I got off easy the Dursleys had left for a trip they will not be coming back for two weeks.  Right now I am cleaning the attic like Vernon told me to do. As I clean I felt some strange energy in a corner of the attic. I stop cleaning the full-length mirror and look in the direction. I felt a pull as if it begs me to go to it. I walk over to the corner following the pull. When I got to the corner I see an antique-looking jewelry box covered in dust sitting on some old boxes. I blew away most of the dust before wiping it with my rag. When it was clean I finally got a good look at it. The jewelry box which looks to be antique.

 The jewelry box which looks to be antique

A/n: the jewelry box

I felt warm energy call out to me it was an even stronger wave than the last one. I don't know what it was but I felt a connection with it. I put my hand on top of the lid I flinch slightly as I felt a sharp pain shoot through my arm. I pull back and see a small gash in my hand. 

Harry-"Well if I can thank the Dursleys for one thing is that because of them I have such a high pain tolerance and quick reflexes."

I look back down at the jewelry box. I saw my blood sink into some sort of compartment and a second later I heard a click and the jewelry box lid flung open, revealing a beautiful necklace. The necklace was beautifully made with gold and a single large ruby.