Chapter 9

Ravi laid still, careful not wake up Pip. She had been asleep for at least 2 hours now but Ravi couldn't sleep. He replayed the way Pip cried, her sobs haunting his ears. His mind raced. How many nights had Pip spent like this? Alone. Stuck without Ravi there to bring her back. 

The air surrounding became thick and Ravi found it hard to breath. How had Pip done it all alone?  Pip had alway been strong in a way Ravi couldn't alway quite understand. She encountered countless deaths and was kidnapped herself. Blood of the dead was permanent on her skin. But how had Pip done it through all the pain. Somewhere along the way of solving crimes, Pip had lost herself. Ravi saw the way the trauma changed her and the pain it caused her. Ravi loved Pip- whether it be the girl who knocked on his door, brightening his life or the girl that had lost it all, solving crimes- but his love was never enough to save Pip. 

Ravi's head spun with these thoughts. Her life had spiralled  out of control the second Ravi walked in. It was all his fault. "I- I'm so sorry, Pip." The first tear fell. 

He couldn't stay here longer. He got up. Pressing a final kiss on Pip's lips, he was out the door.

"Ravi?"