Chapter 7

Her room was the same as she had left it. Preserved in time of her teenage self, similar to rooms of Sal and Andie Bell. The only physical reminder of their now almost faded existences.  

Pip drops her bag, feeling herself relax as she fell on her bed. "God, I missed this." She felt the mattress dip as Ravi laid beside her, a small smile playing on his lips as he watched the girl he loved stare back at him with a look that made him melt a little. "What you staring at perv?" "You." She turned to her side, pressing her lips against Ravi's. 

"How's college Sarge?" "Good, kinda stressful but top of every class as always." A smile played on his lips, "That's my little one!" Pip inched towards him resting her head on his shoulder, as a sleepy yawn left her. "Good night, Sarge." 

Red and blue lights lit the outside of her dorm house. It was over. Pip's secret had been revealed. She would be locked up for the remainder of her life. Abandoning Ravi, Cara, her family and everyone she loved.

Pip watched from the window of her dorm room as armies of police raided into the dorm house just as her door was kicked down. "Pippa Fitz-Amobi lie down on the floor with you hands behind your back. You are under arrest for the murder and the tampering of evidence at the scene of Jason Bell's death."

Detective Hawkins stood in front of her. The hand cuffs pressing into her wrist as she struggled. "I can't believe this is how it ends Pippa."

She jolted up from her sleep, waking Ravi up as she did. "Pip? Are you ok?" Each breath crashed into each other as she tried to regain stability. Gun shots rang in her ears as Stanley's blood contaminated her. She struggled, screams leaving her body, eyes burning with tears. "Please don't take me!"

"Breathe, Sarge. Please."