'Till the End

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody" - The Catcher in the Rye, j.d salinger.

***

I just sat there in the uncomfortable seat, I don't just mean it was hard. But, it was the kind of uncomfortable that just made you want to escape your own bones. I could feel a piece of metal jab into my back, the thick leather started to become sweaty and for some reason it made my skin itch. But, I didn't get up. I didn't leave the train at all, not even when it stopped at a station. Because this girl, that contained so many mysteries and questions, kept me at bay.

I couldn't help but stare at her, I could feel the sun gradually burn my skin. But, I did not care. I knew her, I swear, I knew her from somewhere. School, maybe. But, I would've noticed her, my school was a fairly compact and minute.

I couldn't recall her, right now, but I will.

She had long black thick hair that was fairly wavy, as though she curled it recently but you could tell it was natural. She had these black chipped nails, the kind of ones every angst-teenagers wears. It was a popular trend but she made it her own, unique even. She wore a Nirvana shirt and a black leather jacket. That accentuated her rebellious flavour. Although, I couldn't remember her wearing a leather jacket before, I just presumed she took it while she was dragging me into the train. A bit of her t-shirt was riled up, probably because she kept thrashing in her sleep, but you could see an outline of abs that every insecure person craves. She topped it off with tight black ripped jeans, that made her tougher than she actually was. I kept following her alluring legs and she had those black combat boots on. One thought came to my mind, "she was a try-hard hipster that has a compulsion to break every rule that she comes by". But, she was a try-hard hipster that saved my life and I'm grateful for that.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," a raspy and groggy voice escaped the girl's mouth, "You've been checking me out for at-least a good ten minutes." I didn't need to check but I knew she had a smug grin on. I looked down and quietly apologised, I hate how shy I can become at times.

"Oh, loosen up it was a joke," She lightly hit my arm with her elbow, I said noting but gave a small nod. I guess she got worried or something, because she soon became nicer. "So, what's your name, anyway?" I can answer a simple question, it's not that difficult.

"Camila, you?"

"Lauren," She mumbled, as she turned her head to inspect her surroundings, but I heard it quite clear. There were more people in the carriage by now, although it was still figuratively quiet. She kept looking into the corridor, like she was searching for someone.

"Where are we anyway?" Lauren faced me this time, I have no idea why but I felt exposed. Her green-grey eyes, that seemed like it owned the world, pierced through my dull brown ones. My insecurities and fright got the better of me and I started to stutter, "I..I..It beats me.."

"I need you to tell me now before you freak out, are you with me or not?"

"wh..what?" What did she mean by with her? I seriously needed to compose myself before I truly "freak out".

"Are you coming with me or not?" The green-eyed re-sentenced her question, "Because those men you wrangled with..you remember them, right?"

"Um..yeah," some kind-of memories replayed in my head, memories I wished weren't so vivid.

"Okay," She said more to herself, "Well, they're dangerous people and I mean this with every fiber in my body, they will find out who you are. They don't play games and absolutely hate it when people interfere in their..um..business." I scrunched my eyebrows, I knew by that she wasn't talking about banking or accounting. If my life is in possible danger, I want to know every detail.

"And, before you ask, no I will not tell you what kind-of business I'm referring to," Lauren said, like she knew what I was thinking. "They can and, most certainly, will hurt you. So, again are you with me?"

I wanted an adventure, right? I wanted more of life, to be soaring in the sky. I craved to no longer be a 'prisoner' to anyone. I had no idea what my life would be like a few years down the road, if I would even live that far. But, I knew when I made my decision, I would be more than I am today. And, if I were to die, I might as well go out on my own terms.

"I'm with you, Lauren."

~~~~~~~

A/N

I had a major writers block with this book, but I finally have an idea where I want to take this. So, hope you like it.

Stay Beautiful x