The Century Celebrations

How many of you have noticed that Dhoni almost never removes his helmet to celebrate his century?

At first one might think it's because he was the captain, but he actually stopped removing his helmet even before he became the T20I captain in 2007 and even after stepping down from captaincy in 2017, he didn't take off his helmet for what turned out to be his last ODI ton.

Here's a compilation of all the ODI centuries scored by MS Dhoni

The possible reason that I can think of for this unique century celebration is that MSD was evolving from an attacking top order batter to a finisher.

For MS Dhoni as a finisher, it was more important to help the team achieve their target and win, rather than celebrate his own personal milestones.

"The important thing about MS Dhoni is that he is not really interested in how he looks. He is interested in getting the job done."

Dhoni started batting lower down the order and most of the times when he got a century in such situation it was during a very crucial time in the match and then he couldn't afford to distract himself from his main goal - To ensure that India wins the match

But to be honest I was a little disappointed to see the same celebration for Dhoni's double hundred as well.

This was his first ever double hundred, but the man simply raises his bat a few moments before he's back to facing the next ball. But then again, this nonchalant behaviour for his personal milestones is what makes MS Dhoni so unique.