3

(( Anthony Mitchell POV ))

the caller is unavailable right now- 

"DANG IT" I almost threw the phone before remembering it wasn't mine and turning to offer it to the owner.

"I'm guessing you are unable to contact your pal." He inquired while turning to me from the phone.

"Yes, I'm sorry to ask for more of you guys." He shook his head and fanned his palms as he looked at me.

"Honestly, nothing is too much for us; we want to do everything in our power to assist you." I quickly thanked God, knowing how nice he has been to us.

"Could you guys just drop us at our place?" I looked at the hospital entrance they should be done by now...

" of course, anything, do you want to stop by a store or-."  gusting towards my bare feet made me hesitate for a second since I didn't have enough money for shoes and I didn't want Asher to know we were still alive-

"If you're concerned about money, we can purchase you guys some." He inquired while continuing to look at me, and I was still debating whether or not to let them take advantage of our predicament. 

 "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

Lord, you know we can't accomplish this on our own. I'm giving myself up to you, Holy Spirit, and I'm grateful for the guidance you've already given me. I also thank you for bringing these individuals to us and softening their hearts so they want to serve us.

"If it's not as much as a brother, sure, if you can just buy Zee some." I turned his way after letting go of my concern, reaching out my hand to shake. I'm honesty feeling a bit embarrassed 

"May blessings be upon you, Nick, and your family," I remarked, staring directly into his eyes, and he immediately smiled brilliantly.

"I knew there was something special about you guys." He patted my back as he drew me into a side hug, and I responded.

" you guys are Christians right?" pulling away with even a wider smile

"yeah man, we are children of the highest God," I remarked with confidence as he chuckled and nodded.

" yes sir, an good god he is ."

" He's always good to us." A familiar face that was shining as she raced to me with a broad smile exposing her pearly white teeth appeared as I was glancing at the hospital doors.

"LOOK, LOOK what I got, anthro-" Before she could even finish, she stumbled over the enormous heels and fell on her face. I hurried over to check on her and see if she was okay.

Blake's eyes started to weep up, and Gianna covered her mouth as she exclaimed, "Oh my goodness, are you ok?" as she looked at the now-crumpled lollipop.

"Oh no, poor baby." I gathered her into an embrace as she sobbed into my chest; I'm not sure if she was upset about the crushed lollipops or the cuts on her knees and hands, but as I comforted her, she gradually stopped wriggling free and began wiping her tears and nose. 

"Are you okay, dear? If not, may we return and request another one?" Blake shook her head and headed towards the car with a pout as Gianna pointed at the lollipop. I can't help but feel some guilt because if I had focused more on getting her the proper shoes, this wouldn't have happened.

"When she received it, she was so overjoyed that it seemed as though she had never received one before."

" it was quite cute. Rip, lollipop." Nick replied jokingly before being struck by his wife who was shaking her head in displeasure before proceeding to the vehicle before I could turn to the car I let out a laugh with Nick yeah it was sweet as well as sad but it was also an amusing poor thing