2

((third POV ))

As the water tried to drown them, Anthony held into Blake. He forced them both to the surface, gasping for air. Anthony then looked around for some land while still holding onto a now-passed-out Blake. He rasped for Blake who was unresponsive and then started to swim toward the nearest land he could find. Anthony thanked God and prayed for God for strength as he swam toward the land.

 After tiring arms, a still aching head, and agonizing breaths, he got it to the ground and quickly began CPR on Blake, praying that he wasn't too late. As he bent over Blake and started to apply pressure to her chest, as he let out an intake of air.

"Father, please make it easier for us to stay focused on You when the hurt and agony are too great. Help me to be obedient and recognize the goodness and blessings all around me. Please heal her now and strengthen my mind, heart, and body. I pray that the Holy Spirit would lead us in comfort and tranquility. Amen."

When she didn't reply, worry set in, causing him to move more and more frantically as his thoughts went into overdrive to bring back her.

He repeated, "Come on... come on," pausing for a while before beginning again in a new posture. "Lord, oh Lord, please bring her back to me. Don't let her die on me." He started to pray to God while kneeling in front of the body, completely relying on God to work in his hands and mind. After a few minutes of CPR and praying, the woman started coughing, and water gushed out of her mouth. He patted her trembling figure 

 "Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them an abundance of prosperity and security." Jeremiah 33:6

He sighed in relief and added, "O Gracious God, we give you thanks for your overflowing favor to us."

"Thank you, Lord." God bless you, Jesus. Oh, I appreciate Jesus, you are so worthy, so worthy, thank you." She coughed out every last drop of water as he continued to repeat this.  praising God he pulled her towards him letting her lead against him.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

(( Anthony Mitchell POV ))

The sun was just starting to rise. After a few hours of resting and recuperating our energy, we checked to see whether our phones were still working; however, when they weren't, we began strategizing our next course of move. 

"We cannot expose our identities once we get in town, we cannot take on the possibility of the person who ordered the attack finding out we are still alive."

" the person? you mean Asher"

"We don't know that yet."

 "Why are you still fixated on that, I'm telling you, Asher did this?"She stared aggressively in my direction, her hands were moving around as she spoke, and her curly hair was still somewhat dry to my surprise 

"Ma'am, how can you be sure when you never even showed the man who kidnapped you all your facts based on a voice?"

"Are you serious right now, you can't be serious, tell me your joking?" I shook my head and began to walk away from her after she gave me a pleading look and scanned my eyes for something.

"WOW, you genuinely think this man is innocent despite the fact that he, let's not forget, hit you and threatened me." As soon as she called out to me, I allowed my emotions to take over and sprinted over to where she was standing. When I approached her, her eyes were wide probably due to the closeness. I sighed and glanced away from her for a moment before returning to look at her ocean eyes again.