✧ 16 ✧

"Are you full yet?" Anne asked Ilya

"Yes." He wiped his mouth, then stared awkwardly from the corners of his eyes. "Th-thank you for a lovely meal."

Something didn't feel right. He could feel it in the pit of his stomach. He wasn't hungry anymore, but a gut-wrenching fear made him closer to vomit.

Anne's eyes weren't friendly no more. They were evil. And she didn't try to hide it this time. It was so obvious, it scared Ilya to the point where the color was drained from his face.

"Good," Anne began. "Because we have one more surprise for you, dear John." She stretched his name with a malice tone.

"Honey." Anne rested her chin on her hands and asked Maggie, "Would you be a doll and grab the shackles for me?"

"Shackles?" Ilya gulped.

"With pleasure, Mommy dear."

Maggie stood up and glanced at Ilya. Her smirk sent chills down his spine.

Ilya then noticed how the white of Anne's eyes gradually turned red with visible veins. 

It was time to leave this mad house.

After filling his empty stomach, Ilya found the strength to face the deadly blizzard outside. Anything was better than staying here. He pushed the table from his seat and got up. With clumsy panicky steps, he retreated.

"What's going on?" Holding his hand forward to block any sudden move from the ladies, Ilya asked, "What are you planning to do with me?"

"Oh, nothing." Anne looked at Martha then back at Ilya. "Just making sure my sweet little Martha gets enough food until the storm passes."

Anne's fangs came out when she cackled like a big bad witch—No! A vampire. Anne was a vampire. She was leaning forward on the table ready to pounce on him.

Then flop!

Her head hit the table, face-first. Anne was out cold.

Thick dark blood trailed down Anne's face and stained the dining table. Then Ilya noticed the person standing behind Anne. It was Maggie, with a hammer in her raised hand. 

Maggie's expression was blank as if she didn't just kill her own mother.

"Jesus Christ!" Ilya yelled and pointed a shaky finger. "You killed your mom!"

"Oh. Right." Maggie chuckled, then made the cross sign. "Forgive me, Jesus, for I have sinned."

She snorted and followed it with a crazy high-pitched laugh.

Martha, on the other hand, was barking insanely loud at both of them. The Hammer's blow and the smell of blood coming out of Anne's head caused her to go berserk. She howled, growled, and almost broke the chain that held her far from them.