Y/N Backstory: The reason. (2)

Warnings: mature language, mentions of SH.

You stare at the wall, the sunlight seeping into the rowdy classroom through the large glass windows creating a cast of lines across the periodic table poster pinned on the cream coloured wall.

" Y/N can you tell me what a catalyst does?" Mrs Anderson asks, tapping the dry erase marker on her palm making a slapping sound. You look down at your doodle filled notes and sigh.

"A catalyst increases the rate of a reaction." You answer quietly tapping yhe end of your pencil on your page.

"Yes, did everyone hear that. A catalyst..." Her voice fades as you feel your brain fogging, dicosiating from reality. You pull the sleeves of Cole's jacket down to your fingertips, covering your hands creating warmth and a sense of safety. Your leg bounces, shaking your body slightly. You squeeze your eyes shut and take a deep breath then-

*Brrring, brring, brring*

The bell rings, bringing you back to reality, you close your books and shove them into your bag, you just want to get out of this class.

"Homework due Thursday I'm giving you a 2 day extension because of the football game later today, but it must be submitted by Thursday. Everyone except for Y/N is dismissed." Mrs Anderson announces over the loud noise of bags rustling and students talking. Your ears ring when her lips utter your name. Fuck, I just want to get out of here. You thought slinging your bag on your shoulder. The room goes quiet as the last student walks out the door, leaving you and Mrs Anderson alone in the room.

"Your not in trouble don't worry, I just wanted to check in on you. You seem quieter than usual." She verbalises with a smile, the fake smile that everyone has when they talk to you. She is just doing her job.

"Yeah I'm fine..." You mumble trying to find an excuse in your book of lies. She raises an eyebrow as the silence fills the space as you keep searching.

"Sorry, its the football game. I just want to get the day done with so I can go watch it." You announced, putting a small casual  smile on your face in hopes to distract her from the long silence. She smiles back.

"Oh, well in that case I won't keep you any longer. Just wanted to check in. Have a good day Miss Y/L/N." She smiles, siting back at her desk clicking and clacking on her keyboard with a content look on her face. You smile again and leave the room,a chilly breeze hits your face, the fresh air stinging your nose. You take a deep breath and walk to the tree. Sitting once again your back against the wood, your knees up supporting your sketch book as you doodled small nothings onto the lined page.

"Hey Y/N/N, what's up?" Sam asks, nudging your arm as he sits, legs crossed on the grass. You lower your knees slightly and look at him, a small smile on your lips.

"Hey Sam, nothing much just doodling as always, saw you and Cole's squabble during practice earlier." You say with a small giggle. Sam rolls his eyes and chuckles back.

"Yeah I don't think Mr Ashman liked us for that, wait is that Cole's Jacket?" Sam asks pulling at the jacket sleeve slightly, raising an eyebrow. Your cheeks go rosy and you look back down at your doodles.

"Yeah, I forgot mine and he has a spare in his bag. I got cold." You mumbled, earning a smirk from Sam.

"That's adorable, you two are adorable." He teases, making love hearts with his hands. You roll your eyes and focus on your drawing and he begins munching on some chips very obnoxiously.

"Hey, guys... oh my god that lesson got me done for the day. It was fucking horrible!" He raises his voice, panting and breathing heavily. You look up from your drawing finding him with sweat running down his forhead, arms and neck, he flops himself onto the ground dramatically and places his hands over his eyes, yawning loudly.